air con advice?

just a quick question , when i've used the aircon for a bit of time and stop the car and get in later it always seems to have condensation in the windows, never had ac or climate so no idea if this is normal or not????

Check make sure the condensate drain isn't blocked - It's a rubber pipe that goes from the aircon evaporator behind the dash to the engine bay.

It's completely normal to mist after AC has been used. The vaporiser is cold and because of that it collects moisture. If you switch off the ac a couple of minutes prior to arriving at your destination, the misting should go away. If not then there might be a problem.

It comes out at the back of the engine bay somewhere iirc. Theres an access flap in the metal heatshield at the back and the vent is behind there.

It's a good plan dude! I had the drain on my Seat toledo block up. ti smelled like something had died in the car. Cleared the drain and about 2 litres of brown water came out. :sick:

• 3 months later...

Its just moisture in the car. Its bound to happen when you get in the car with wet shoes, jacket etc.

My "cure" was to buy a moisture absorber and leave it in the rear footwell, worked a treat. Cost a couple of quid from somewhere like B&M, Wilko, Home Bargains.

• 1 month later...

I have a thought. I think mine is stuck in recirc mode as the motor has gone west. Sounds like your issue

Climatronic panel, Hold down ECON and recirc (2 furthest buttons at the bottom of the panel) and turn ignition on. Wait a bit (youll hear and see the blowers and motors working) and see if you get any error codes 04FA is the recirc flap motor which is prone to breaking.