Thinking of coming back to Skoda

So I sold my pre-FL vRS about 2 years ago to swap to an Alfa Romeo 159. The Alfa is an awesome car and I will really miss it but it seriously lacks on the practicality front (that's not why you buy an Alfa though, right?!). With a baby on the way and more camping holidays I'm starting to think about coming back to a FL vRS Estate (diesel this time).

Browsing around AutoTrader it looks like my budget is going to fall somewhere between MY2009 and MY2010 (or early 2011 at a push with higher mileage) and I wondered if anyone knows what the main differences were across those years? Was sound proofing improved on the FL Octavia as that was one of main gripes with my previous (otherwise excellent) Octavia?

The superb combi is quieter and more comfortable than an Octavia.

The noise was one of the reasons I changed, but I went for the Yeti in the end. Quieter in my opinion than the Octavia. but not as quiet as the Superb.

Thanks. Love the thread linked in your signature by the way - lovely car! I did consider a Superb but its enormous dimensions would be just a bit too big for my driveway and work car park too! I also think I might possibly be too young for a Superb :giggle: I did put quite a bit of effort into improving the sound insulation on my old Octavia, with half-decent results, although mostly it seemed to improve the stereo rather than reduce the road noise! :)

I fitted sound deadening (noise killer) to my old Octavia as wasn't really sure it made much difference.

I like the Yeti because it is 2 feet shorter than the Superb and 1 foot shorter than the Octavia and has an amazing turning circle. Best in class by some way. Great for parking around London, and with Park Assist is really fun to park :lol:

Any one with a baby on it's way, should not buy a Yeti. It's boot with spare wheel is minuscule. Waited for Yeti for months to arrive at the dealers, and was shocked at the boot, and had a baby on it's way, so boot was important. Went for Scout.

Turning circle:

Yeti=10m

Octy=10.2m

Suprb=10.8m

This is useful info - thanks! My wife is really keen on the Yeti actually but I did have the same fears over boot space and really like the Octavia still.

Anyone know any other significant spec differences on those model years? What about ABS failures and sawtoothing tyres - were either of these sorted after 2010 for example?

I know I said vRS above - that's mainly because I'm a bit of a sucker for higher-powered diesels, but I'd probably be happy with a 140 Elegance instead.