Net option when ordering

Hi, having just placed an order I have a short timescale in which to make changes to the factory fit options (though delivery is ages away!).

An item that I was considering, but have not yet opted for, is the Net in Boot.

Having had a look at the downloaded manual am I right in thinking that this is the net partition (for preventing luggage from flying forward) that is on page 89 of the manual?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi, I got the "Net in Boot" option for my Estate - it is slightly different for the Saloon.

It is on page 81 of this manual.

https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/resource/documentation/manuals/en/Superb/05-2012/Manual/B6_Superb_OwnersManual.pdf

I have found the two vertical nets very useful but the one to go over the boot floor is pants. It is too tight to put anything under but sits just above the boot floor so fails to stop folders, books, etc from sliding.

My last car- an Avensis estate had a net partition like this buillt in to the boot cover system. I used it once to see what it was like and hated it. it made the car feel very confined after being used to the estate sensation. The rear headrests do a very effective job of keeping luggage in the back when going on holiday etc and boot if fool to the roof.

Cant see the Superb system being any differnet so would suggest keeping your money and not bother

Thanks SWW and superbfan.

Still undecided. It's not a hugely costly option £75 with the 0% VAT offer so am inclined towards getting it.

If, like superbfan, I decide that it's not for me then I csan take it out.

However I do imagine using it when going on longer trips with kids and luggage on board.

Again, thanks for you input.

Hi LeWrat,

I was keen on the net partition you've seen on page 89, but I was told that it's not available as an option in the UK. It can't be easily retro fitted, as it requires locating holes in the roof lining. So I'm pretty sure that the option you're looking at is the one sww has (on page 81).

If we're talking about the net partition in Combi then IMHO this is a good option. No very expensive but handy to have.The rear headrests could in some cases be used as one however the net is much more practical as when backseat is folded down it can also be used behind the front seats.

Another tip: very wise to opt for it as the factory option as it also requires the fastening points to be factory installed.

Thanks artichoke273 and Jannesm.

I will quiz the dealer when I speak with him tomorrow, hopefuly he will have an idea of exactly what it is.

Got to say that I find it incredible that this kind of infomation is not clearly set out on the web site and/or brochure.

Skoda are building great cars but their communication via the web site(s) is scattered and contradictory and some stuff you can only find out via kind help from people on this forum.

Hopefuly the dealer will be clearer, though I am not holding my breath, especially as I also need to ask him about the towbar preparation option :S