Yeti delivery time and spare wheel in the trunk

jovan2cv

Hello everyone, my name is Jovan, from Belgrade, Serbia, I am a newbie on this forum. I become a proud owner of one brand new Yeti 1.2 TSI Elegance, and so far very pleased with it ! I would like to express how much I am amazed with the waiting time that many of you are experiencing in the U.K. for the new Yeti. Some of you are waiting in between 6 months and up to one year, which in my case was just 1,5 months. What is the problem with the Skoda dealers in the UK, why you all have to wait so long for your new monster ?

I would like to share with all of you my idea of a spare wheel in the trunk of Yeti. I bought myself a spare wheel for audi, passat, size 125/70-16, 5x114. Though it´s smaller in diameter then my factory fitted 215/60-16 (by my personal request), car runs very well on it and it´s perfectly straight on the road. So, for all of you who wants to have a normall size of the trunk and a spare wheel for emergency, this is my warm recommendation (pic attached).

post-91624-0-73661700-1338053172_thumb.jpg

post-91624-0-56034300-1338053194_thumb.jpg

Welcome.

The long waits for Yeti's here in the UK seem to be caused by Skoda limiting the number of RHD vehicles produced, not by SUK.

Re your wheel; if it isn't "type approved" in that size for the Yeti then in the UK it would invalidate the vehicles insurance if used.

Do they type approve spare wheels? I didn't realise.

Similar idea to what I do when I have the winters on, only I use a full size wheel & tyre 216/60R16 in a wheel bag. I had a strap made up for me as well. Details of what I have done in my signature.

No, the vehicle is type approved with certain size wheels (and tyres). Tim has a list in his thread in the Tech section. Fit an wheel size not on that list and you could end up with no insurance, unless your insurance company approves you going out-of-spec.