Standard CD Player Removal Keys

Just rang dealer to get a price for some cd player removal keys, £18.17 inc VAT!!!!

Personally think that's ridiculus for one use, anyone in the North Yorkshire area that has some I can borrow?

Thanks in advance

Yeah ebay was going to be my next bet but thought i'd try for some beer tokens first!

Its ridiculus...soon said no thanks and hung up haha

I got stuck trying to do the same, Skoda keys failed, Kenwood keys failed, eventually I asked a professional who told me to use two 15cm x 5mm .3mm strips of aluminium, I was sceptical but 15 seconds after starting with them the radio was out.

I'll give that a go then, can always nip to B&Q and buy some!

CD player arrives for fitment before this weekend so will have a go, thanks for the tip!

I too had this problem and did the following, on 21/08/2011.

Went to 'HALFORDS' and bought a packet containing two release flat removal keys.

Brand name was 'AUTOLEAD'

Item Code no. 254334

PC5-107-H

Kenwood 01> Radio

Removal keys (Pair)

The cost was either £3.00 or £5.00 something all-in.

At first the salesman was adamant it was another type, until he tried to use them to remove my Radio.CD in the car-park.

Suggest you try out to see if you have correct ones before driving off.

Be sure you say it is for a KENWOOD and not for SKODA Symphony (as I did) and be given the wrong type/ones.

I will say they worked perfect, and stuck a sticker on the Radio & CD casing with the security code number on the scenario if I forgot/lost code number. (Not security minded)

The Radio/CD does need gentle persuasion to come out of situ, but once it starts to move its real easy to remove.

Good luck.

I used a junior hacksaw blade cut in half to remove my Symphony, it scored up the Symphony's plastic a little but nothing that is noticable without a very close look - if you have a worn blade it'd do alot less damage than my brand new one. Just remember to be careful not to hurt yourself.

4 old credit cards (or clubcards etc) are really useful if you need to remove the centre airvent to place cables etc. It took me the best part of a weekend to fit my aftermarket head and required the removal of the air vent and glovebox (although in truth it only took an hour once I'd actually read the forum and realised I needed to remove said parts - the reset of the time was me being a prat and going bull at a gate).

Here's the thread I mainly followed to fit mine, although I ran my mic cable up over the glovebox and up the passenger door rubber and then under (over?) the headlining.

With the mic placed just on the top of the windscreen the sun visiors obscure the mic when down however I'm told it doesn't seem to affect the sound.

Car in bits

Mic

Head

Iv got some you can have, ill be in the whitby area on sat, driving up from london so passing leeds/york. They are only halfords ones. As stated above. Marked as kenwood removal.

Iv got some you can have, ill be in the whitby area on sat, driving up from london so passing leeds/york. They are only halfords ones. As stated above. Marked as kenwood removal.

I went down to the Skoda dealer tody to get a fascia - the bloke said that they wouldjust take the stereo outfor me whe nI came back (I enquired about the remval key)

Maybe go down to an audio shop and try to sweet talk them into it?

I'll give you a shout on Friday Pete as if alpine comes on thursday, I'll want to get it fitted on Thursday evening so will end up buying some!

Cheers for all the replies plenty of options to try!

No worrys mate, best of luck! It needs a good tug to get it out, i had to take the glovebox out to push it from the back! Yup gizza msg if you still want them.

Guest BigJase88

Stuff that!

I'll give you a free fix!

Old credit card or other plastic card, cut it thinly slightly smaller than the slot and then insert! It will

Push the pins in and the cd player will be free!

How simples and free

Will try the plastic card trick tonight, alpine arrived today :rofl:

If not will have to sweet talk halfrauds chap but he's a moody git at my local branch haha

• 2 months later...