Quad exhaust for TFSI

Seen this on ebay and wondered what peoples thoughts are?

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649

I think it looks good but has anyone got any experience with this / fitted one? Is it a cheap and nasty? I have seen in other posts people have had custom exhausts made but I don't really have the pleasure tokens for that at the mo.

The seller (and Greggson) seem to be unfamiliar with the Distance Selling Regulations - if it arrives damaged and you decide you want a full refund, apparently it's tough luck.

• Like 1

Yeah, definately does not seem the most competent seller! There is a lot to be said for 'proof reading' before you finalise an add :rofl:

Why am I still interested?

If you want something like this, just go to Longlife.co.uk and get them to make you one. It'll probably be cheaper (assuming you just want the back box), have a lifetime warranty, be made from scratch & fitted by them, and be made out of the correct stainless steel which WON'T rust!

I have just checked out longlife.co.uk and have requested a quote. Looks professional and they have a lifetime warranty on all of their exhausts, plus interest free finance! Too good to be true? Its got to be better than the ebay jobby I was looking at lol. Cheers blackspaven

I too have just got a quote from Longlife and for a CAT back system for mine fully stainless is £279. I think that is very reasonable tbh.

• Like 1

I too have just got a quote from Longlife and for a CAT back system for mine fully stainless is £279. I think that is very reasonable tbh.

What size bore is that?

From memory, they'll advise you on what will probably work best, but you can pretty much choose what you want in terms of bore and they'll just do it for you! They really do work under the premise 'the customer is always right'.

Had a full system on my Golf G60 and they were brilliant. They create a LOT of heat, which Longlife weren't too sure about, and when it MELTED the silencer material into small balls rattling around, they just replaced it with a slightly different type of material that seemed to do the job with no quibbles or problems. Just did it!