Matty's Black Magic Fabia VRS

Matty Graham

I'm new on here, and after having a good look round the site and hopefully get to my first meet next weekend, thought I'd get a little project thread up for the new car.

My previous car was a MK6 Fiesta Zetec S TDCI in Black and I did like it, but it wasn't perfect for me. So I sold it. Here's what It looked like:

7146365581_c9b5c983b5.jpg

MK6 by Matthew1825, on Flickr

Was looking for something a bit bigger, engine and size. Was looking for an A3 but couldn't find what I wanted, and then I came across Fabia VRS'. Looked at a few and saw a beautiful red one down in Lancashire, but got called into work the day I was meant to go down and collect. However, after looking again briefly I found one a lot closer to home, a place North of Inverness.

Here it is:

7242294972_8236f683ec.jpg

DSCF0032 by Matthew1825, on Flickr

7242312882_3345ca2de8.jpg

DSCF0030 by Matthew1825, on Flickr

7242253622_11c5983ff6.jpg

DSCF0036 by Matthew1825, on Flickr

It came totally standard, but it need of a clean up. Also was in need of a service, and that was the first thing I did. Car come with the 6CD multichanger, Bluetooth hands free kit and all the usual business.

Things to do:

• Service - Done
  • New disks and pads on the rear - Done
  • All four wheels refurbed
  • Steam clean interior - Done
  • Damn good polish - Done
  • Rear 3 windows tinted
  • Auxillery input for the IPod

Plan to keep the car standard, and just make it immaculate. As I found out with the Fiesta, Black comes up really well when polished. Had the car two weeks now and I love it. Got a nice kick to it, and the cruise control is ideal for the long motorway journeys I do.

No doubt I'll do little things to the car at somepoint (Nice little 30mm drop seems tempting, but I'll keep it updated ;)

• 2 weeks later...

New rear disks and pads were fitted last week, much better. Also ordered some JOM Coilovers on Thursday, so they should be with me next week :) Looking at getting some 312mm brakes on the front but I'll do things one at a time. I'll get some pictures up when I can

Not yet Adam, gonna get a few things done first, want to wait til September/October at least so the insurance isn't too bad.

Yeah sounds like a plan Ryan, but depends when you two want to do it. As said above, I'm waiting til I'm 20 for the insurance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...