That's weird.... A warning light?!?

I need a little help from you knowledgable lot!!

I have a 2005 Fabia vRS that very recently started getting the bulb warning light come on... The issue is that no bulbs have blown!!

I did change a bulb a few months ago and accidentally picked up an "all seasons" headlight bulb which has a blue tint to it, but this problem has only just started and as of today, its got warning light appearing as soon as i start the car and doesn't go off (whereas 3 days ago it would come on, I turn my lights on and the warning light went out)

There are no LEDs on/in the car and the lights are not switched on when the warning light comes and and the car screems at me!

Any ideas?!?

I had this happen a while a go, randomly. Some days it would be fine, others not.

For me, it seemed to be one of the relays under the dash. I was under there routing some speaker wire from what I remember, zip tieing things, and decided to make sure they were all pushed in. There was one relay that I pushed that made a locking click noise! So, I pulled it out and reinserted (and made sure it made the click noise) for good measure and haven't had a problem since!

About a month after the bulb light came on and my heart sunk, until I realised a bulb actually was out this time heh.

Good luck!

I need a little help from you knowledgable lot!!

I have a 2005 Fabia vRS that very recently started getting the bulb warning light come on... The issue is that no bulbs have blown!!

I did change a bulb a few months ago and accidentally picked up an "all seasons" headlight bulb which has a blue tint to it, but this problem has only just started and as of today, its got warning light appearing as soon as i start the car and doesn't go off (whereas 3 days ago it would come on, I turn my lights on and the warning light went out)

There are no LEDs on/in the car and the lights are not switched on when the warning light comes and and the car screems at me!

Any ideas?!?

does it come on randomly or does it come on when you do something like indicate, reverse, brake etc?

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've literally not changed, moved, kicked etc etc anything at all in the last few months so don't think It will be anything like that... Although never say never!!

When the warning light first came on, the lights were off, whatever time of the day i started it up, but I quickly worked out if I put the lights on, the warning went off.

But since this morning, once the glow plug light goes out, I turn the key again and the warning lights comes on, only now it only goes out when I turn the car off?!?

Jars, have you tried checking that every builb is the correct wattage when compared with the fabia manual? Sometimes when people replace bulbs, they just fit a bulb of similar fitment and don't check that the wattage is the same, which may cause problems with the canbus wiring and faulty bulb detection systems.

Jars, have you tried checking that every builb is the correct wattage when compared with the fabia manual? Sometimes when people replace bulbs, they just fit a bulb of similar fitment and don't check that the wattage is the same, which may cause problems with the canbus wiring and faulty bulb detection systems.

If I'm honest, no!!

I'm working 3 jobs at the mo so time is at a premium, but will be taking a look tomorrow after work and will try all of the above until I get it!

Cheers people!

Jay

Hope you get it sorted Jay.

If you need a hand you know where I am. :thumbup:

Cheers Garry, you may hear from me yet!! (hope you and mrs grr are good.... Would be good to catch up soon mate)

Check ya rear bulbs dude. I had this problem and the filimant was literally just about touching to make the circuit but when I went over a bump or braked etc it would show I had a bulb out. I think the rear light circuits have a certain known resistance which is how it brings the warning light up.

So I checked the connections on all 4 corners at the weekend, checked all lights and look normal (no dimmed lights) and still no joy :(

Could this "all seasons" h7 bulb I put in a few months ago be causing this??(someone mentioned above about possibly the wrong wattage bulb?) Or possibly the silver indicator bulbs?!?

Any other suggestions coz I'm all out!

Ok so I have now fixed the problem!!

Was driving along this evening and out of the corner of my eye I noticed I had a brake light out. Well I say corner, I had a double decker practically parked on my bumper so the missing brake light was evident in his window!

Although I am very embarrassed admit this (but I'm honest so sod it!!) I was not aware that the bulb out warning light is for thr brake lights also.... please be another douche who didn't know this?!?!? The only time I have ever been aware I had a brake light out is when I've been pulled by the old bill!

I've had to replace brakelight bulbs on both the fabias and

neither of them flashed up a bulb warning?

I can see them refecting in the kitchen or porch window as I reverse onto

my drive, since living here I've always made a point of checking with a

quick glance when I back up and stop.

Weird... Both mine are 54 regs post facelift.