11 plate Octavia - 18000miles - first service?

Guys,

Could anyone tell me 2 things?

1) Does servicing have to be done by a Skoda garage when in the warranty period?

2) How much should the first service cost?

Cheers,

Stuart

p.s. I'm in Inverness!!

You can shop around for the service costs, try ringing and take the best price to your preferred local supplier to get a deal. I don't think you do need go to a Skoda dealer but I would for the resale value of the service history in a newish car.

1. You don't need to go to a dealer.....just a VAT registered garage that use OEM parts.

2. mine cost £130 at a main dealer but yours should be a lot cheaper as the MPi doesn't need ridiculously priced oil.

2. mine cost £130 at a main dealer but yours should be a lot cheaper as the MPi doesn't need ridiculously priced oil.

I just had mine serviced at my local main dealer. I'm on a service plan so it made no difference to me, but they used the Quantum Longlife 3 5w/30 oil...even though I'm on a fixed service interval, so the cost might not be as cheap as you might think.

Looking at the title of the thread, it would appear that the OP's car is on a variable service schedule?

I just had mine serviced at my local main dealer. I'm on a service plan so it made no difference to me, but they used the Quantum Longlife 3 5w/30 oil...even though I'm on a fixed service interval, so the cost might not be as cheap as you might think.

Looking at the title of the thread, it would appear that the OP's car is on a variable service schedule?

Mine too is on variable and mine has to meet 507.00 spec. They will use longlife oil but i wouldn't have thought it would need to meet 507.00 expensive spec. 505.00 would probably be more like it.

Its weird coz, the guy said it was a major service, as its getting close to 20k miles. Skoda suggest that this should be £249? but the garage (Arnold Clark!!) is asking for £199.....

No such thing as a 'major service' on variable. It is as per the book which at 18k is simply a glorified oil change made to look like a service.....ie they change the oil and tick some boxes on a sheet.

For reference, i had mine done at 18500miles.

Mine is going in for it's first service on Monday (Purchased April last year). It will have just over 19k on the clock. As said, variable are just 1st variable, 2nd variable etc.

No major or minor.