Unable to order an ASG........yet

shrub

Was due to go to the dealer today to test drive the Citigo and, all being well, order an ASG equipped version for Mrs Shrub. However, spoke to the salesman on the phone beforehand and apparently Skoda issued a bulletin yesterday to advise that no orders will be accepted for automatic Citigos until late August. He also said that we would be lucky to see an automatic before the end of the year. This being the case we will probably wait a bit and order one for March '13.

I don't know why the automatics are delayed although I assume that it is either a technical issue waiting to be fixed or just the result of factory demand. With VW UP! sales running at 50% higher than forecast I suppose the factory is running at full stretch and additional variants just have to wait. Should we anticipate a Yeti situation with lead times slipping to six months before long? If you want a Citigo I would get your order in. :o

Did he say or did you ask the delivery times on a manual spec, we want an Elegance?

Mick

Yes, he said (without checking on the system) that we would be looking at September for a new factory order placed now for any spec (apart from auto). If you aren't fussy about specific options then there are some in dealer launch stock.

I don't think ASG is available on any of the cars (up!, Mii or Citigo) until a bit later in the year - it's not just Citigo specific. I may have written that bulletin ;)

Thanks. Yes, I noticed that there was no auto option showing in the up! price list yet but there is on the Skoda one. The Citigo launch material and the dealers were all (prior to this week) suggesting that all versions were available to order from launch whereas the VW dealers were saying not yet. If you wrote the bulletin, would you happen to know the exact reason for the delay? Thanks.

Same happen with the Yeti; SUK listed both the manual and DSG 1.2TSI in their original Sept 09 launch brochure. However the manual didn't appear until late in the year along with the yet to be listed TDI 110 and the DSG was even later, with the first ones not arriving until early spring 2010 :S

Hard to say if it's down to poor planning on behalf of Skoda Auto giving out duff info to the importers or importers like SUK playing mind games with it's customers; listing 5 doors and autos before their in production to attract more potential buyers.

TP

• 1 month later...

I am sure when the cars came out they said autos would not be availabe till late 2012. Not sure if that applies to all 3 Citygo/UP/Mii.

It would be nice if all 3 makes at least had a demo auto model for us to try. Its not a problem for me as i would not want to purchase till 2013 or 2014 by which time the autos will be on sale and i hope with the 20% discount (free VAT) as on other Skoda models.

The ASG will begin production sometime this month. Have a couple on order (customers) and they are confirmed for week 35 (end Aug), thus you should see some in dealers in September. Not too sure on the Mii but have heard that the Up! is unlikely to get ASG before the end of the year, all chinese whispers though.

If I ordered a Citigo 5 door (metallic paint and a few options) at the end of June, can I be expecting it to arrive at the dealers early September? Have heard the factory may be or have been on holiday this month. Mine's not an ASG.

Mick

Edited by MickA

Factory starts back August 13 I suspect with a big order list

It does seem daft that a fairly new launch of 3 models is delayed for 2 weeks on shutdown

I hope mine is not the first few down the line maybe a few workers still on holiday mode

Factory starts back August 13 I suspect with a big order list

It does seem daft that a fairly new launch of 3 models is delayed for 2 weeks on shutdown

I hope mine is not the first few down the line maybe a few workers still on holiday mode

I have learned from my dealer that, that is wrong. The whole factory isn't closed, they take it in turns to take 2 weeks of so 1 week could be 1 section then different the next

I can't believe a whole factory with full order books would just stop for annual hols.

Mick

Yes they do and not just VAG I understand. Also gives the factories an opportunity to carry out maintenance etc. while the lines are down.

TP

Toyota used to not sure if they still

Opel do in German factories

Many years ago when we was GREAT Britain and we actually made stuff it was the same here hence places like skegness and many costal holiday resorts were born for the working class holidays during factory shutdown

Edited by malcster

We had the railway and still have Rolls Royce. They used to have there own fortnightly hols staggered. Not so sure now they completely close RR production down for the hols but that's aero engines not cars :hi:

Mick