Waiting List

vegit8

Hi

I thought I would run a spreadsheet of who has cars on order - so we can see what the current state of affairs is.

If you want your details added, please PM me the info and I will update the sheet.

Its a Google shared doc with read only access for all except me.

Cheers Geoff

Link to sheet

Edited by vegit8
  • Like 2

Pleased that someone can host this! PM follows.

Suggestions -

1 Split Build week into two columns: unconfirmed and confirmed (which latter apparently only advised 3-4 weeks before actual build).

2 Add columns for DSG, whether dealer is local, and actual delivery/collection date.

I think the problem is that this thread slips down the list and those who have cars on order may not see it if they dont come here often.

Maybe this could be made a sticky thread?

Edited by vegit8

Mods anywhere are usually very reluctant to 'Stick' or 'Pin', but a case might just be made for this one as it could be relevant to all potential and actual Yeti orders.

Other members here who I think might recently have placed or were considering placing orders included Runswick Stag, Snow Yeti, Tech Yeti, Soupafly and (very recent) Nokiauk; Expatman (as another member of the 16" club) might have got his by now? Threeshoes pulled out a week or so ago. There must be many cases since the start of the year.

added dbg400, StevieK, bilun777

Thanks guys!!

StevieK, have you paid a deposit?

No - just a £500 refundable deposit... and £300 to Autoebid that I doubt would be refundable...

StevieK - May last year and still nothing, how? why?

Good questions! Promised allocation never arrived at the brokers' dealerships. Granted, I got a good price on the vehicle, but 13 months in and no build date is starting to wear a little thin.

Getting bloody annoyed now as I've contacted Skodastore and they reckon a lead time of 4 months.

That can be the case with some brokers, they will take the money and leave the rest up to the dealer to sort out.

From personal experience, 4 months would be pushing it but 13 and still nothing is taking the preverbial.

It must be painful!

That's why I've used a dealer direct (actually, the one who has posted above!) even if it's a little more more expensive.

On the last two Yetis they gave me a build week estimate of 4 and 6 months and were only out by a week on each! :)

Worth a few hundred IMO.

I get the facts, no BS.

• Like 1

PM'd following info, 1.2 Elegance Man, White, with spare wheel, heated screen and 16" moon downgrade Ordered mid feb through dtd, built wk 21 arrived Grimsby docks on 8/6/12 awaiting arrival at dealers (hope to get it within 7 days). Was kept fully informed by dealer

I also got the facts! Spoke with dtd once then dealt with dealer that they put me in touch with, very happy with dtd, would use again. Local dealer- no discount vs £2200 off list with dtd.

Shame they cant get yeti's at the moment, I'm sure they'll find another dealer to work with.

Ordered my 170elegance 4x4 in candy white to replace my current Yeti in February, and have a provisional build date of w/c 16/7 for pick up in September for the new registration. Big difference from the 4 day wait I had for my current Yeti.

Starting to be useful now. Major statistic is that four out of ten (40% - easy! ) have gone for 16" wheels. SUK must be watching, surely.

Surprised that I'm still the only DSG customer, though - I thought there was someone else at the time...

Edited by brijo

Yes all very interesting. I hope that people remember to update me as things change during their process.

As for 16" feet its actually 4 in 9 as the greenline folks get no choice, unless there are some out there that want to go the other way :giggle:

Hi

Just joined with my order via Autoebid I am interested to see if StevieK has the same arrangement and whether this source that has kept him wating. Any feedback appreciated?

Edited by solwayboy

Hi

Just joined with my order via Autoebid I am interested to see if StevieK has the same arrangement and whether these are the combo that has kept him wating. Any feedback apreciated?

Hi - I used Autoebid and they were quite quick and efficient in pointing me in the direction of Autofinders. Price was good, but unfortunately no car and no sign of one.

I'm currently reviewing my options as I have spoken with Rainworth (via Skodastore) today about likely lead times and prices. Things are looking good and I am seriously thinking about cancelling..... I'll update once a decision is made.

Best of luck. I'd use Autoebid again though - but as for using brokers in the future.... less certain.

Steve