The mpg mythbusters

I am impressed with the ideas and information presented here!

the injection system would make the engine cost the same as a diesel.

Sorry if this is all ancient history but it might help put the pieces in place.

+1 all good stuff to write down for folk to read and assess...

Thats one of the reasons Honda has developed the NC700. Its half a Honda Jazz engine with a few tweaks resulting in a motorbike with high torque, low reving and over 80plus mpg. Same power output as typical 500 twin. Pure motorcyclists scoff at it but its not designed to ring out every ounce of power and rev its nuts off. I am seriously considering one. Bikes can be made more efficient, just up to now unless you want a C90 or an Innova there wasnt a whole lot of choice

I'm quite sure you will like it raisbeck. I've not ridden one yet but my colleague has just ordered one after having a fantastic ride out with some press guys on one. He said he could barely believe how torquey it was and the temptation to rev it soon disappears when you realise how much power there is low down.