clutch change

i'm thinking about a clutch replacement and after a few discussions with some TPS and Skoda dealers i'm left with 2 options:

- some recommend clutch + DMF change

- some don't (including the dealer)

i want to stay OEM, so no g60/vr6 conversion intended

question is: do the clutch incl. DMF or just the clutch ?

on a side note: a TPS just offerd me a genuine VALEO SMF flywheel. didn't know they were still made

Clutch kit is just bolts pressure plate and clutch plate unless stated otherwise.

Just changed mine for a valeo smf conversion, best thing I ever did.

Edited by Lofty79

thanks for the replies.

read somewhere on a vag forum that g60 flywheels are not manufactured anymore by Sachs/Luk/Valeo. the g60/vr6 kits include it, but they're not genuine

nevertheless my question remains unanswered: should i do the DMF as i do the clutch or not ?

nevertheless my question remains unanswered: should i do the DMF as i do the clutch or not ?

How long is a piece of string? The DMF might make it till the clutch needs changing again, or it could fail the day after the clutch change lol. That's why a few people hate them so much. Hence why people go on about the SMF conversion so much and why its available as a kit from TPS.

Your car and your choice m8

Sent from my GT-I9100. Not a Crapple!

The simple answer is you won't really know if dmf's shot until you get box out,

Personally after doing g60/vr6 conversion i would never go back to a dmf as i never liked the feel of them in my octavia or the volvos i had before,

Plus i could sit in traffic all day with vr6 clutch, but compaired to dmf pedal is really light

How long is a piece of string? The DMF might make it till the clutch needs changing again, or it could fail the day after the clutch change lol.

Your car and your choice m8

The simple answer is you won't really know if dmf's shot until you get box out,

now these are the answers i've been waiting for

thanks again ;)

In my case False........ I have the very unrefined alh tdi with 170k and its actually smoothed things out not made vibrations. As long as the clutch plate is sprung it can cope if the engine is running well. Plus if you remap, a solid flywheel is the only thing that will hold. Cheap light flywheels may cause the chatter and vibration but mine doesnt, they usually hold a lifetime warranty too.

I suppose you wont know until you try.

I will admit i do have some vibration on my vrs but i think its down more to the fully superpro'd dogbone mounting and it also did it with dmf still on.

If anything i think it does it less with smf than it did with dmf but my clutch was knackered when i changed it altho my dmf was ok