looking to buy my first 'decent' car.

coiner

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to buy my first 'decent' car.

Am 25 now so am looking to spend 2-3 grand on probably an Octavia. But may spend more if I find a good deal.

Am tempted by the VRS version and it is the fact that I spotted one on ebay that I became interested in Skodas in the first place.

Is it possible to get a diesel VRS with cruise control?

Great forum!

Coiner.

Edited by coiner

Welcome.

I think the vrs diesel has cc but as always , immprpeared to be corrected.

The fabia once defo has.

Hello Everyone,

I'm Chris

Pleased to meet everyone.

Just purchased my first Skoda Octavia Vrs diesel a nice shiny red one 07 plate

With very low miles on it ,

But disappointed that I could not find a low mileage one with the Columbus fitted.

Are there any whizz kids that know what I need to install one.

I currently have a top of the range parrot kit out of

My old car. Not sure I'f this will integrate with the Columbus seems to be a bit of mine field

Thanks Chris

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to buy my first 'decent' car.

Am 25 now so am looking to spend 2-3 grand on probably an Octavia. But may spend more if I find a good deal.

Am tempted by the VRS version and it is the fact that I spotted one on ebay that I became interested in Skodas in the first place.

Is it possible to get a diesel VRS with cruise control?

Great forum!

Coiner.

The octy mk1 vrs are petrol only fabia mk1 vrs are diesel only.

As longyear states on both fab and octy vrs mk1 they didnt come std out of factory unless bought as optional etc but as he has said it is quite easy to fit them.

My fab vrs has it fitted and works a treat.

As i mentioned in another thread there is a cheap low mileage octy vrs mk1 in manchester . Hes asking 1595 for it on a 52 with 87500 .

Ive been tempted to go buy it for a weekend toy but mrs is moaning saying she wants an st3 lol

Well worth a look that one though.

Must point out though. Vagcom is required for retro fit to enable the cc in the settings otherwise it wont work when fitted. Worthwhile checking the settings first too to make sure its compatible as although its rare i have come across some that dont have the option to enable cc.