Rain Issue

Does anyone else have an issue whereby at over 40mph in the rain with the wipers on, as soon as you open the drivers window even an inch, rain water just pours in all over the inside door panel / window?

I've checked around the screen to see if I'm missing a bit of trim, but all fine

This didn't start happening until a few days ago, and I can't for the life of me think of a reason. Doesn't happen on the passenger side, but then the wipers don't load up the water over there

Sam

Remember that this is a European car, so what you refer to as the "passenger side" is the driver's side in the country of origin. There's no way they would change the wipers for just the UK and Oz. That said, if it's new behaviour and was previously fine, then there must be either a stronger wind or other environmental reason, or the screen has a build-up of grime that is affecting the flow. Give the screen a good old clean with vinegar and newspaper, then try again. :)

Ray

Most car manufacturers do change the wipers for left or right hand drive. You will notice on your UK Superb that the driver's side wiper is almost vertical and against the offside A-post at the middle point of its sweep; that's correct for right hand drive.

Agree completely with the above. Most cars though not all swap sides for left and right hand drive (steering).

I think it's more to do with Aerodynamics. Older cars I drive have a thing up the side of the screen that pushes the water over the roof. But I reckon it causes drag so I've had a couple recently where if the rain is particularly heavy it comes down the side. I can't remember if my Superb was one of them but if it was, it wasn't the only one.

It may well be the rain that's different to before, it has been particularly heavy over the last few weeks.

Most car manufacturers do change the wipers for left or right hand drive. You will notice on your UK Superb that the driver's side wiper is almost vertical and against the offside A-post at the middle point of its sweep; that's correct for right hand drive.

Yes, you're correct, sorry - I was thinking of my other car! :kiss:

Ray

Think I've sussed it........... I had the car cleaned by some Eastern European friends, who appear to have used something like Rainex all over it. The water is beading massively, and I reckon as it comes up over the right side of the screen it's just too heavy and drops inside in huge globs. Whatever they used, I appear to be able to drive in heavy rain and not even need to use the wipers :-)

As a biker who doesn't really like cages (despite the Superb being a good motor) - I often drive with the windows open as I like the wind noise and hate using the blowers and the air con