Accelerator Pedal Reading.

xreyuk

Hey guys,

Was looking at accelerator pedal in VCDS before, and there are 2 readings, accelerator pedal 1 and accelerator pedal 2. When the pedal wasn't pressed, it was showing 15%, and when all the way down it was showing 81%, is this correct, or should the range be 0-100%?

Cheers.

Anybody? I remember there being a thread where somebody mentioned it a while ago, however I can't find it and can't remember what they said.

Maybe someone can have a look for me?

I had a similar problem, the throttle position was showing 86% open when at full throttle. It was cured by simply pressing the accelerator all the way to the floor, switch on ignition, wait for at least 30s, ignition off, and then release the throttle. I haven't run a daignostic since, but I knew straight away it was significantly improved. I had a P0299 code as well that so far has not re-appeared, am about to go check it now actually.

Thanks for that mate, I'll continue in that other thread.

Another member on Seat Cupra said he was seeing 12%-88%.

The 12% would possibly make sense to either hold idle, or for use with anti-stall, however, I see no reason for the ~80%.