Map tweak - is it worth it?

My new (to me) VRS diesel turns out to have been mapped already (see dyno graph below), along with a decat exhaust and downpipe :)

I took the car to a mapper to have what I thought was the OE map re-worked. The re-map has been in such a way that makes changing or overlaying another map near impossible. Best way is to get Skoda to flash an OE map, than the mapper can do his thing... It's a little messy I know and not without its problems. Skoda reckon as the lamda's have gone the ECU will show errors once the OE map is working. I would need to get the car to the mappers prompto after this.

So, question is do I bother (car goes very well as is), or should I do it for any issues I may have down the line? The mapper seems to thing the current map has been slightly bodged, and he can do a lot better at getting a smoother, and more powerful delivery

Cheers

Fabia%2520dyno%2520graph.jpg

Edited by bonesetter

Personally I'm a bit of a "if it aint broke, don't fix it" kind of guy. If the car is running normally, it isn't failing MOT's etc and you are happy with it, then why go to the hassle and expense for potentially a few additional ponies that are by no means a guarantee.

But then I do drive a 1.2 estate, so I'm by no means chasing ultimate supremacy or interested in spirited track day performance etc.

Edited by SkodaFabiaOwner

If you choose to do anything please find a mapper who actually knows what he's doing, in this case you shouldn't be referred to Skoda for an oe re-flash by anyone who has any business mapping your car.