Fuel / Oil Consumption (vRS ONLY)

Fuel / Oil Consumption  

67 members have voted

1. 1. I use 95 RON Fuel

2. 2. Do you suffer from or believe you suffer from HIGH Oil Consumption

I checked the oil today it was down a bit so i put in about 100ml or so not to bad i check it ever 2 weeks

My car is a may 2011 so i say the engine was build in March/April 2011 my engine code is CAVE most of its work is on A/B roads

Use Tesco 99 most of the time and only a few litres of 95 Octane if caught short then dog in 99 ASAP.

Oil consumption is significant initially and the amount of oil in the system is relatively small ie 3.6L so it is key to check every 1k.

Probably used about half a litre per 1K miles in the first 2K but seems about half that now.

Most pleased with it general, particularly the engine and geabox characteristics.

First long run to Plymouth so will see what consumption it will do on the long run, expecting mid-40s.

Edited by lol

When Skoda did an oil consumption test, they estimated that my engine was consuming 482 mls per 600 miles/1000 kms, so just in tolerance. However just popped another litre in today, having only done the same three weeks and 1141 miles ago.

So to all intent and purpose just about in tolerance with the VW allowancw of 500 mls per 600 miles/1000 kms.

I intend logging this right up to my next service at circa 27000 miles. Whilst owning the vRS i have gone through 10 litres of additional oil, plus the oil changes, plus that used in the oil consumption test. Ironically, this oil usage started at around about 5/6000 miles, which is interesting if it is due to stuck rings.

You will probably get a new engine then.

E-mail from skoda uk:

I understand that your vehicle is currently experiencing high oil consumption and that the ongoing nature of this issue is, understandably, causing you a degree of frustration and discontentment with the ŠKODA brand.

Whilst I recognise that you are of the opinion a new engine is needed to resolve the issue I can confirm ŠKODA UK are unable to authorise a new engine as a solution at this time. Nonetheless, please be assured that ŠKODA technicians at the highest level at our factory are working toward a technical and permanent resolution. Once again, please be assured that ŠKODA are conscious of the need for a speedy resolution; however it is imperative that this process is not rushed if an effective and permanent solution is to be provided

E-mail from skoda uk:

however it is imperative that this process is not rushed if an effective and permanent solution is to be provided

or until you get frustrated and sell the car on so we dont have to bother with you anymore

• Like 1

Sorry, but. Of course they do buy cars with defective engines. You bought one.

People that are unaware they are faulty, people that are not concerned that they are faulty because they are still in Warranty, and they can buy a car cheaply and get it repaired under warranty.

Then their are Skoda Dealers that are taking back faulty Ex -Demos that they sold or SKODA are taking back, repairing and putting back on the market.

Not Just Skodas, also VW's, Seats & Audi's.

Other Manufactures and Dealerships do the same thing and always have.

**ie

If your dealership and Skoda says nothing is wrong with your engine, then there is no reason for them not to take it in this afternoon as a trade in.

(i dont mean do that, but you could go in to look at another Skoda and try it on, and see what is said)

Bet that it gets fixed before going back on the market tho.

I suggest you get into them and dont let them walk all over you.

george

Edited by sk4gw