Jp1mp's 230bhp fabia vrs

jp1mp

It's an expensive intercooler r1chard, but well worth it.

I get what you mean bout doin it all at one, them your not chomping at the bit if you do it in small sections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well thought I'd better update this, I've bought a Cupra splurged, just gotta get round to fitting it.

We set the nitrous up on the rollers which came out at 259hp and 435lb/ft with one run doing 261hp and 485lb/ft, but on a standard clutch we decided to turn it down.

Then today Kev put a modified launch control and rev limiter, which sounded epic, so we decided to take the back box and see what it sounded like, needless to say it sounded unreal, it sounds like a petrol, and the limiter sounds awesome. Will try and get the video up.

• Like 1

I'll try and get kev to upload the one he took. I couldn't believe how amazing the thing sounded. I'm planning on doing a mufflerectomy tomo night, so I'll be running no boxes at all :-)

Very impressive car, I just have one question, we have the Fabia VRs MK II, it is about 180bhp and getting all those horses down onto the tarmac through the front wheels makes me wonder how the 230bhp you have does anything more than scorch the front tyres?

I am sure four wheel drive would help.

Very impressive car, I just have one question, we have the Fabia VRs MK II, it is about 180bhp and getting all those horses down onto the tarmac through the front wheels makes me wonder how the 230bhp you have does anything more than scorch the front tyres?

I am sure four wheel drive would help.

230bhp is the peak power, you'll find that the Mk2 has a very good traction control system called "only half pushing the pedal"...;)

In all seriousness, it's easy to drive a high powered Fabia, you just get used to pushing the pedal progressively rather than mashing your foot straight into the carpet. Also I think this car is equipped with a mechanical LSD which also helps. 4WD would be nice, but you very quickly get used to what your front tyres can realistically do, and you limit your use of the throttle accordingly.

• Like 1

Jake vrs- the intercooler should be on there, as it's the kit they designed for us, If not give them a ring :-)

Joe vrs Tdi- I'm running a stage 3 hybrid from cr turbo. It has the same compressor wheel as the md376 hybrid, just has a bigger exhaust wheel and vnt package.

James I and gac- I'm still on standard dmf with a paddle clutch, and no LSD, but the power delivery is sublime. In the wet it will lose traction, but in the dry its awesome. It really is a testament to kevs mapping. As gac said, you get used to grip levels pretty quickly.

I actually saw your car in town the other day! Posted in the spotted section hoping an owner would come forward and then found this by pot luck!

Very smart looking car and an impressive spec.

Cheers:-) Am getting a bit bored with black wheels to be honest, so might have them blasted and done in either a bright silver, or White. Opinions welcome.

White!! Ive been thinking about doing the same thing for ages! Reckon it would look awesome if you don't mind cleaning your wheels after every journey ;)

Jp1mp, whats the spec list for your fabs? Im guessing its pretty severe to be running them kind of power figures.

Also I didnt think the standard dmf could handle over 300lb/ft or is that just urban myth?

Sweet wip tho pal!!!

the spec is:

cr turbos stage 3 hybrid turbo

blueflame de-cat

milltek cat back exhaust

'pikey' pd160 intake

jetex panel filter

pro-palloy full frontal intercooler

15lb bottle of nitrous with 150hp jets

custom mapping including updated launch control and rev limiter

If your gentle with the clutch, and arent ferocious with it, its not too bad, but with the amount of torque im running, the life has definitely been shortened.

Edited by jp1mp

• 2 months later...

Made a mufflerectomy yesterday, but have still kept the milltek backbox so I can chop and change, the noise from it on launch and when it hits the limiter is unreal, will try and get kev to put the videos up :-)

Have also put the adjusters back in the rear to give it a bit more of a nose down stance.

• 2 weeks later...