......the Bluetooth kit worth it or not ? ( rns-510 /columbus)

Hi i have had for a while a Columbus Navigation in my Skoda TSi have aded the rear view camera and now i am considering the bluetooth kit . In the meanwhile i get by with my Jabra bluetooth . Considering the cost of the bluetooth kit is it really worth it or maybe a waste of money?? :sweat: .

the bluetooth kit would be a better buy and be of more use than a rear camera.not sure why you would want a rear camera on a fabia any way ?.

bill

...but still agree with you not using rear view camera as much as i though mostly good to be sure no kids behind while reversing.......so what are pros and cons on the bluetooth kit?????

I love my bluetooth kit with my Bolero, its just great, its just works! Handsfree calling, the unit automatically updates with new contacts etc, music streaming if I want it to, can enable voice control etc just a great piece of kit and if you can find one at a reasonable cost then it makes it even better, I am guessing that hooking it up to a Columbus would lift it to another level again! Personally, I would recommend it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

............thanks guys for all the input .

Did get and love it worth every penny and find it more useful than the rear view camera,but i have one problem after instaling and getting bluetooth to work(also on white maxidot) ,i have lost the rear view camera , as it now gives me black screen ,any help much apreciated as i am very very confused :sweat:

............thanks guys for all the input .

Did get and love it worth every penny and find it more useful than the rear view camera,but i have one problem after instaling and getting bluetooth to work(also on white maxidot) ,i have lost the rear view camera , as it now gives me black screen ,any help much apreciated as i am very very confused :sweat:

So did you fit it your self or did somebody do it for you and if you did, was it one of these plug and play kits?

It's possible that the plug&play doesn;t pass the video (i'm not sure if the video is in the same connector as audio). If this is the case, you need to look at what in the original plug doesn't have a connector in the new plug. You should then be able to move this connector over.

Otherwise, maybe you've just dislogded a different connector that has the video in...

Unfortunately, both of the above required the unit out to check.....

1. .....im suprised though that no one else could reply on this comment as i dont think im the only guy that has instaled a rear view camera and bluetooth.
    ...YES instaled myself was really easy and straight forward compared to the rear view camera.
    ...yes that what i was also thinking about ....ill take the loop off and go back to my orisginal setting s before instaling the loop
    ...will keep this post updated might come handy to someone having similiar..problems in the future

• 9 months later...

Hi John

I've ordered a new Fabia 1.6 TDI 105 CR Estate to replace my few weeks old one damaged by the dealer and I am wondering is it easy to fit a blue tooth device to the car with front and rear cameras yourself or pay some one to do it for you?

Thanks.

...hi Diesel Estate ,its easy if you have some sought of a electronics background/ understanding and your patient to read through the various threads here in this forum and dont mind a challenge and want to also save a few bob :rock: