215bhp but only 260ft/lbs torque, Fabia vRS?

Would be interesting to hear awesomes view on this.

Awesome will come along and defend themselves, and probably sort out a deal with the complainant whereby they stop complaining and get something in return. I'm not too happy with them myself, nothing big, but I personally won't be using their workshop services again (although they often have good prices on parts so I'll probably still buy from them and just be happy that if I'm buying stuff cheap then hopefully they're not making too much profit).

I should have looked up a bit eh John! drop me a pm Jack, if you can make it to Cardiff Sunday am I could help out

Also 2k-4k+ in 3rd ok?

Yeah 3rds good. Also only log 1 as a time so the sample rate is good.

Joshh I shall send you a PM on my lunch break, I would be very grateful thank you : ) and yes it's no problem for me to get to Cardiff on Sunday. Slight issue as I will have to drive fairly steadily as there's an issue with my brand new uprated clutch and flywheel. The clutch is slipping in 5th and 6th throughout the whole rev band when using anything over mid throttle. You've guessed it, I've gotta go all the way back to Manchester to have this looked at. Not paying good money and then pay someone else to fix it. Hopefully they'll be good enough to fit a new clutch plate seeing as this one will be worn from it slipping. Will this affect the logs? I hope not!!!

Edited by JackvRS

Yeah bad luck indeed. I wouldn't have minded as much if it wasn't such a bloomin' distance to travel, 1000 miles of driving wasted! Yeah it's their own clutch and flywheel which I was told would be more than adequate to handle the torque my car should be running. If it was running 310ft-lbs as it should be it would have ripped it to pieces! It should be ok in 3rd, fingers crossed, lol. I will still PM you at dinner but I will test the car later and then tell you if it does slip. IF it does then this may have to wait till another weekend. Going back to Awesome next Friday (the 13th!!! Which doesn't bode well) to have the matter rectified. Do you guys feel I should ask for a new clutch plate. If it is slipping would this cause sufficient damage to shorten its lifespan? When I rang I did mention about a new plate to which they replied they'll need to look at it first. So yes back to the point, I will test in 3rd gear later and hope for the best

Slipping can reduce the life span, yes. Same reasoning that a clutch used for 10,000 miles in traffic will be in a worse state than a clutch that's done 10,000 motorway miles, because you have to slip it to move off and unless you're 100% perfect at RPM matching you'll be slipping it very slightly between gears. Whether it's affected it a lot depends on how badly it's slipped and how you handle it, if you back off the power instantly then you've probably not damaged it at all, it'll be as if it's just done a few extra starts over its life. If you've kept your foot planted and waited for it to catch up, then it'll slip, overheat and wear prematurely.

Thanks gac. If fitted correctly in the first place then this wouldn't have been a problem. I was told to keep driving it for a week and that it should sort itself out. I know it's not uncommon for them to slip initially hence driving steadily. At what point though do you think that's enough miles it must be working fine now i'll just put my foot down and check. I've done this a few times and yes it slips. Will have to see what they say but still think they should fit one anyway for the inconvenience just incase it has been damaged by the miles I have to cover going back there.

Both times I've had a clutch done (by the same guy) he says 500 miles to bed in, with mixed driving (which is pretty much what I do, mostly motorway during the day but often town at night).

Problem found!!! One leaking boost hose. Very slight but air escaping from the seal from the pipe joining the second pipe from the turbo. First oppourtunity I've had to get the car on ramps and very easy to spot. One new rubber O-ring purchased, fingers crossed this sorts it or it's a new pipe. Typical it would have to be the only metal boost hose and they're quite expensive! Ohh well, glad I've got to the bottom of it. Thanks for your help and advice people.

Edited by JackvRS
  • Like 2