Fabia vRS mk1 double din install help!

Afternoon all,

After finally receiving the cage for my new double din head unit, I'm ow ready to install my new double din unit... the only issue is I have never attempted it before!

Not deterred, I did remove the standard unit last weekend as was feeling a little impatient(!) and came across a little problem.... when I attached the head unit using the loom which came with it, the new stereo worked but my keyfob stopped working the central locking....!!?!?! Any ideas?!?!

I was thinking the connector which came with it is not wired correctly for the Fabia and requires moving/changing wires??

If so, can I simply cut the white box off the connector on the right of the below picture (which came with the unit) and simply solder to the new wires once the black connector on the left of the below picture has been cut away (this is the new connector I bought which was advertised for a mk1 Fabia)??

df8bb34d.jpg

On a side note... you guys who have done this many times..... is it best to solder the wires together or gets something like these .......

http://www.maplin.co.uk/insulated-crimp-terminal-bullet-sockets-42724

I appreciate soldering results are only as good as your skillz, but I would like this done today and have everything ready for soldering, but will use the bullet connectors if these are a more reliable and longer term connection!!

Any other advice, comments, suggestions welcome!!

Stereo installation noob!! (Jay)

These sorts of problems are well known.

http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/mobile-phone-car-kit-integration/

That web page might help. Scroll to the bottom for the OEM wiring pin-outs. IMO it'll probably be pin 1 or pin 3. Usually aftermarket hi-fis have some warnings or instructions for fitting to VAG cars. So refer to your installation doc.

These sorts of problems are well known.

http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/mobile-phone-car-kit-integration/

That web page might help. Scroll to the bottom for the OEM wiring pin-outs. IMO it'll probably be pin 1 or pin 3. Usually aftermarket hi-fis have some warnings or instructions for fitting to VAG cars. So refer to your installation doc.

Thanks mate, dunno why I didn't think to check there first!