No Vagcom access?

I've just had my fabia serviced the other week and wanted them to change the central locking to one click for all doors instead of two clicks. They came back to me saying that the one on my car was an older model and they couldn't change anything on my car? Just wanted to know if that sounds right?

I've got a 2010 Fabia Sport.

Could it be that I don't have the new multi-function maxidot system?

Dont see how this would matter vagcom changes ecu settings unless you were wanting to change displays mph readout on dash, but stuff lyk anti hijack, open all doors etc etc it shouldnt be a problem

That can be done without maxidot.

The dealer does not use VAG-COM/VCDS, they can only adjust what their VAS dealer tools will allow them to (this is based on model). Lookup someone in the VCDS owners list and I am sure it will be done in less than 5 mins.

Aye, they're talking out of their hat.

Piece of cake job, my MY2008 doesn't have maxidot and is an older ecu and i did that one myself in seconds.