Your opinions on wheels... also, any good remapping places near Chepstow?

Hi All,

Just wanted to get your advice and opinions on a few mods I want to do on my VRS.

I've got a 54' plate VRS in Silver and am looking to smarten it up a bit... I've not had it long and I've got a few little issues that need sorting first!

I had a small stone chip appear on the laquer of my spoiler a few weeks ago and with the wonderful british summer we've had, the rain has got into the hole and bubbled it all up to the point where all the laquer is peeling off as I drive it :doh:

So that's gonna need a respray.

Probably gonna need to replace the brakes as I've had a few exciting moments with them!! and after scouring the forums for what the hell this squeeking noise is... I think the Console bush needs replacing too??

However... After that's done, was maybe thinking about getting some Alloys fitted. The original alloys were curbed and scuffed to hell when I bought the car, so I was thinking of getting some new ones... (but also keeping the old ones stored away with some winter tyres on just incase we have and equally cr@p winter).

As the car is silver I was thinking of a darker colour wheel and came across the LENSO d1r mb. What do you reckon?? All opinions welcome!!

2249.jpg

Was also hoping to get the car re-mapped at some point in the near future but would like to take it to a place where people know what they are doing.

Do you know of any reputable garages that do re-mapping not too far from Chepstow?

Have lots of plans swirling around my head of things I want to do but am trying to be sensible and do a bit at a time so that I dont bankrupt myself by buying toys for the car :giggle:

Cheers All

Mupp

Wheels are NICE.

As for remap. Is Castle Combe too far away?

Circuit Motors there are expencive, but teally good. They even tap the manifold and stick an exhaust temp gauge in (and plug it after).

HTH. Dave

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses!! Yeah Castle Coombe isn't too far from me so that sounds like a good option... Are they actually part of the race track or are they just near by? I use to go to Castle Coombe all the time but sadly I haven't been for years!

As for the wheels.... Do you think I would have issues getting them to fit?? I guessed I would probably have to go for lower profile tyres when stepping up a size so that they dont rub... But is there more to it than that?

Sorry if I sound like a complete Noob but I'm still fairly new to the Fabia scene so I'm not sure what the rules are?? I just assumed they would fit as I put the car make and model into the search engine on the web site for the wheels and these popped up.

This is why I love this web site... I can come and consult the Oracles first before I go and spend money on stuff that wont fit!! :rofl:

Cheers Guys... Much appreciated

Mupp

Hi All,

Regarding the wheels I mentioned above... I Just checked another website and it has given these details for the wheels. Would they fit?? If so what offset would I probably need to go for?

FITMENT CHECKED THESE WHEELS FIT YOUR SKODA FABIA (97-07)

• Brand : Samurai
  • Model : D1R
  • Width : 7J,
  • Diameter : 17 Inch
  • Bolt Pattern : Most 4 & 5 Stud Fitments
  • Offset : 35 to 40

Cheers

Mupp

after messing with wheels on both my octavia and my fabia i would say dont do it. leave the wheels as std.

i have just put spiders on my fadia and omg the drive is proper poo!

was same on the octavia in most part. best ones to go for are oem rims but still makes them not as smooth to drive.

do you use the 48 much? ill keep an eye out for you on my way to work and while out and about in the truck.

not sure on a mapper local but give clive at cntuning a shout mate he will prob come out to you. he is a top bloke.

offtopic ...didnt know there so many fabia vrs around chepstow ... had mine a couple of years and live in chepo and know of 1 in coleford (silver) and 1 in cinderford (yellow) ar eyou the silver 1 driving round on audi silver comps

offtopic ...didnt know there so many fabia vrs around chepstow ... had mine a couple of years and live in chepo and know of 1 in coleford (silver) and 1 in cinderford (yellow) ar eyou the silver 1 driving round on audi silver comps

Hi Hobbsy,

I've seen quite a few VRS's too... in fact I've got two mates in chepstow who both have Black Fabia VRS's (They stole my idea and got one before me!! LOL).

No it's not me with the silver comps... I've seen him around a few times too. NICE CAR!! I saw it parked up in Tesco last week and really liked a few of the small touches he's done!! Wish I'd hung around to chat with him but it was Hammering it down at the time!!

I think you and I have chatted in the past... You spotted me on the New House roundabout on your way back from work once. I was eyeing up your motor as I went past :-)

I didn't realise there were so many Fabias in the Chepstow area!

I know of one black fabia that lived around the corner from my girlfriends parents, black standard wheels with a private 'vRS' number plate.

I'll have to keep an eye out for you guys!

muppo ahh yeah seen u a couple of times .. u fill defo feel the differnece when you remap pal,

timfok i used to live in sedbury and bulwark might be mine u seen as i have vrs private plate....

think a chepo meet is in order??

Is yours black mate? used to live sycamore ave?

Yes definitely, name a time and place. I have a mate who owns a Red one in Caldicot that will come down also.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Was in Chepstow town this morning and spotted yet another VRS... A Silver one with spiders and again with the registration "VRS".

Chepstow seems like the hunting ground of the Fabia VRS!!! LOL

Unfortunately... the other day one of my mates with the Black VRS got shunted by a bus driver in Chepstow who was a little eager to pull out on to the main road. He pulled over so that traffic could get past and the bus driver just drove off!!

He caught the number of the bus and found out who it was that was driving and reported him to the police... but when they tracked him down the bus driver had a witness to say that he did stop. Funnily enough it was another bus driver!!!! :-(

yeah i used to live in sycamore ave pal moved to lydney now though chepo stil my home town. Going to start a new thread in south wales meets and sort it all out if anyones interested. so the thread can no longer b jacked lol

• 4 weeks later...