I'm sure this has come up before, but there is no search facility so I can't check. After recent floods my reversing sensors are misbehaving. Most of the time they are fine, but occasionally the screen dances from one side to the other, showing obstructions that are not there - at various distances. Any suggestions please?

It's a common problem when they get wet.

You need to give them a good dry out. Give them each a blast with the wife's hairdryer, but...

1) Don't get too close or overheat the paint.

2) Do it somewhere where the neighbours can't see you!

Have you tried cleaning them ? Works on mine when they're messing about.

I have done this numerous times to mine. I have a front one that's always doing it, after a spit and blow (quite literally! :giggle:) it works fine for weeks!

• Like 1

I sucked out the moisture on my Scout with a vac , then smeared them with silicon . Cleared the problem, and never returned at all, no mater how wet they got. .