rear view camera(12v) to rear wiper blademotor that supplys 12v/14v

It is better to connect a rear view camera to the reverse lamp circuit, that way the camera will only work when in reverse. The camera will use very little amps so it should not need a upgrade of the fuse.

• Like 1

Hi and thanks for your quick reply Tech-Yeti is it dangerous if i connected it to the rear wiper blade circuit as it is near by to the rear view camera 12v + and - cables , if i had to connect these to the reverse lamp circuit i would have to add a extensio/longer cable and loop it all the way on the other side .

There is no safety issue with connecting to the rear wiper circuit, the fuse is quite capable of running a camera as well, the only reason I would choose the rev lamp circuit is just that it would only be live whilst in reverse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the circuit for either reverse lamp. The reverse lamps are normally permanently fed with 12v, and illuminate when the earth to that lamp is provided by the reverse lamp switch on the gearbox.

• Like 1

....could i hook the rear view camera on to one reverse light and the rear sensors on the other reverse light , does that sound right?

That should be fine, the time that the camera or sensors are on, should cause no overloading on that circuit.

• Like 1

....was getting ready to do the electric instalation only to find out that the fabia 3 has only 1 reverse light. :sweat:

Trying to figure out what is best to power reverse camera and the rear sensors from the 1 reverse light ? :wonder: ........or is it better to connect reverse camera to rear wiper blade circuit and rear sensors to reverse light??