Debadging new Octy 4x4

LondonRobbie

In a feeble Q-car exercise, I wondered what damage I might cause if I attempted to completely dedage a 4x4. I gather the Octy name comes off relatively easily, but what about the rear badge? Will there be holes in the boot beneath? Also, is my only option for the front to buy a sports grill from Milotec?

Any views greatfully received.

Rob

Its the new one. So there will be holes beneath then? I dont really want a filling and respray job on a brand new car ! Any other suggestions? Plus has anyone added the Milotec no badge mesh grill? Or is there another way of debadging? Blank chrome covers perhaps????

Thanks

Rob

Its the new one. I dont really want a filling and respray job on a brand new car ! Any other suggestions? Or is there another way of debadging?

Is this something that can be requested with a new order. ie Please don't put any 4x4 badges on, including gear lever?

Its the new one. So there will be holes beneath then? I dont really want a filling and respray job on a brand new car ! Any other suggestions? Plus has anyone added the Milotec no badge mesh grill? Or is there another way of debadging? Blank chrome covers perhaps????

Thanks

Rob

James has a blank chrome cover on the JBS Octavia' date=' I have smoked badges on mine (although I'm changing back to standard as I want people to know it's a Skoda).

Here's my rear badge:

[img']http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/eddyh/Badge.JPG[/img]

Tim mentioned asking the dealer to debadge......I know BMW (inc MINI) dealers do this as do Range Rover dealers ( I have requested it in the past from RR). Do Skoda dealers do it too??

I think so but it will only be model badges, pretty sure they won't remove the manufacturer badges.

Thanks

Rob

The only safe way to loose small holes is to weld them up, we did it on mine for the spoiler holes. If you fill a small hole it will show later as a small crack around the edge unless you are really lucky as the boot expands & contacts with thermal movement. Not worth going to these lengths on a new car, Mine had a total respray so things like this were easy, mind you I kept the central Skoda badge on purpose !! just took the 4x4 Turbo bit off

Thanks Stuart

I really wouldnt want a botch job done on a new car. Removing glue is one thing, welding is another!

Does anyone know of a spares manufacturer that might make fancy blanks to fit over the holes. I have seen the chequered flag blanks at milotec......are there any others?

Why not replace the 4X4 badge with a 1.4 16V one as a half-way step towards Q-car ownership, then get the car remapped when warranty/insurance/finances permit thus completing that transformation.

I also have a 45 year old Lancia Flavia Vignale. When I bought it I was also tempted by surely the ultimate Q-car.....the Lancia Thema 8.32. The usual Thema is pretty moderate but the 8.32 has a wonderful Ferrari engine in it as standard and the trickest rear spoiler that rises out of the boot on the flick of a switch. Alas she who must be obeyed said if I wanted it the Vignale had to go.....sob sob. Watch those Corsa boys vanish in the rear view mirror!

Are there any pics here of the chrome blank on James' JBS Octavia? If so, is it a standard stock item or did James commission it?

I also have a 45 year old Lancia Flavia Vignale. When I bought it I was also tempted by surely the ultimate Q-car.....the Lancia Thema 8.32. The usual Thema is pretty moderate but the 8.32 has a wonderful Ferrari engine in it as standard and the trickest rear spoiler that rises out of the boot on the flick of a switch. Alas she who must be obeyed said if I wanted it the Vignale had to go.....sob sob. Watch those Corsa boys vanish in the rear view mirror!

Are there any pics here of the chrome blank on James' JBS Octavia? If so' date=' is it a standard stock item or did James commission it?[/quote']

James made it and I can't find a picture of the front. This is what he's done with the rear:

diffuser.JPG

Eddy' date='

Thats pretty cool. Shame you haven't got a pic of the front. What is James ID? Maybe I could mail him and ask about the chrome blank?[/quote']

Prehaps it's worth just putting a post in the JBS section and then a member of the JBS staff should be able to answer for you.

For Eddy H

How did you do the "smoking" on your badge.....is it just a coloured film stuck over?

Rob

It's actually painted using the same black magic pearl paint as the car. It was done by JBS.