Consumption with TSI

laur

Hellou!

Here is not too many data about consumption of gasoline. My consumption with 1.4 tsi is about 10.6 % (l/km), only in town, for 1000 km.

A few days ago, i went to vacation in a mountain town, with a Thule box mounted, my Yeti used 10% (l/km), medium speed was 72 km/h.

Without Thule, the consumption indicate 9%, medium speed = 78 km/h, for another trip. My consumption is much more than manual, than Octavia 2 with the same engine with about 2-3 liters.

The road had included highway, national roads.

I am very disasppointed.

My average is 8.1 /100km (35 mpg)

according to maxidot, for last 10.000 kms.

Dont worry, consumption will go down about 20% after first 3-4000 kms.

Edited by lok

The Octavia 1.4 tsi weighs 1235kg the Yeti weighs 1375kg.

Also the Yeti is higher and less aerodynamic.

To expect the Yeti to have the same/better fuel consumption is unrealistic.

Phil

I have looked on a few sites now and all state the Octavia 1.4 tsi as 1235kg.

Either way as I said above the Yeti is taller and less aerodynamic.

The figures quoted in the book are for a guide only and are done under strict/ideal conditions and not a reflection of how the car will do on fuel on mountain roads etc.

Phil

The 1.4 TSi is an interesting engine choice; offering a little 'more' than the 1.2 TSi but claiming to offer better economy than the 1.8TSi (by a fair bit I'd have expected)... BUT a work colleague has had his second hand Yeti Elegance since February and over similar journeys to work we get VERY similar mpg. Last time we compared was on Friday and he had 34 something mpg and I had 36!! Taking into consideration that mines running a 4wd system so had higher transmission losses and is heavier, Im really surprised. He is a pretty economical driver also - he changes up at fairly low rpm's. Hardly scientific I know but I personally feel with a car of this weight, you need some more guts lower down so you're not having to rev it to make it move. ON a dyno in a laboratory, the 1.2tsi will look better because its not actually having to move the weight of the vehicle! Thats my thinking anyway as to why a lot of these smaller engined bigger cars are even further away from the published official figures.

It's only a tabel. I do not take into account. I want a real consumption here, from my forum colleagues. :happy:

The table is made up of real world figures from drivers of the vehicle including some briskoda drivers no doubt. I would deem it very realistic of what to expect.

I do not want to contradict you, but 36.5 mpg is not a real consumption. I obtain this consumption in descending road , i think with maximum speed around 90 km/h.

I am fit to 31 mpg, even more with Thule like i said before.

They are real average consumption figures posted by drivers of real cars on real road in real every day life driving.

What is not real about that?

If you're not happy about the consumption of the car then change it and do more research on the real world consumption figures before you buy.

Phil

Ok, ok. I do not want to change it. I like it.

These consumptions, it means that in UK, the drivers are more calm to the steering wheel, than me or other drivers. :giggle:

I do not want to contradict you, but 36.5 mpg is not a real consumption. I obtain this consumption in descending road , i think with maximum speed around 90 km/h.

I am fit to 31 mpg, even more with Thule like i said before.

Well 34-36mpg is real world driving for my work colleague and his is a 1.4 TSI Yeti!! So yes, id say those figures were the best you are going to find if you want 'real' figures.

I'm going to assume that our roads are more ordered and less hectic than those in Romania which probably helps to drive smoother and more economical?

Also I think that we have tougher penalties for speeding and speed cameras everyhwere etc so we are more careful and drive slower.

phil