Failed Yeti Clutch Cylinder

deutscheafrikar

Hi All, I'm from India. Have a Yeti 4 x 4 Ambition 2 ltr Diesel.

I've noticed this on our Yeti last week and then again next day. The clutch pedal wouldn't come back up and hence grear change display didn't show what gear it was in. I figured something was strange and lifted the pedal up with my foot. Things seemed better but next day I realised the same problem occured after sometime of not using the clutch i.e. if the vehicle was parked for a period time, or driving in a higher gear for a while. Then when I reach a signal I depress the clutch and it feels strange cos the pedal doesn't come up and there's a lot of play. Play as much as 2 inches.This reduces if I pump the pedal a few times. Makes me believe that there is a problem in the clutch master cylinder.

The vehicle was taken to the dealer workshop on Saturday by Skoda Assistance on a flat bed truck. On Monday the dealer informed me that the clutch cylinder (master) was worn. They took permission from Skoda India to changed the same. Today they told me that they received the ok from Skoda India and that the job was done and I could collect the vehicle after a couple of hours this evening. New Cylinder fixed under warranty. Got a call from them 5 mins later saying that they took it for another trial and that the same problem (pedal went in). I guess someting else is worn or leaking maybe the slave cylinder which would be on the clutch thrust bearing inside the bell housing. So now they have to open the whole thing to get to it.

The yeti is 3 months to the day and 12960 kms on the odometer

Anyone have this same problem?

Best

Nigel

• 5 weeks later...

Okay 216 views and no replies. Well just so you know, it was a failed Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder/Clutch Thrust bearing and some breather pipe to the slave cylinder. All the fluid leaked out and gathered underneath the bell housing on the guard below the engine/gearbox, 2 Weeks in the workshop from the date it was sent.

Missed this first time round. Bit late now, but ... had a similar issue with my '03 Octy. Only happened just after startup, in very cold weather (around -5C or less) in its first winter. I'd press the clutch coming up to a junction and it would just stay down. I could hook it up with my foot and it would do the same thing maybe once more then fine for the rest of the trip. It went in early for its first service and they replaced the master cylinder - never gave any explanation beyond that.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

This problem occurs a lot on Vauxhall ,Nissan, Renault vans and is quite a big job to replace and I still cannot believe that the old Fords had it right, fitting the slave cylinder on the outside of the gear box casing ,under half an hour to replace and bleed.

• 4 weeks later...

my clutch pedal was on the floor dealer has bled it and got a lot of air out but says it will need slave cylinder or master cylinder 

Had my car into the dealer .They took the gearbox out and replaced the slave cylinder under warranty

• 2 weeks later...