Octy stalled tonight :(

Ok so driving along the motorway and i feel theres no power so put my foot to the floor and it stuttered a little but nothing, then the steering went heavy and the battery light only came on so i managed to get it to the hard shoulder, turned it all off then back on and its fine and runs perfect. No engine light on or anything.

Im going to look for codes tomorrow but if it stalled shouldnt all of the warning lights have come on? or is this telling me theres a charging issue?

That's a strange one, would of thought the steering would be ok unless you put the clutch down? Same with battery light?

When's the last time you changed your fuel filter? To me it sounds like fuel starvation, could be wrong tho lol

Usually electrical problems would start with a miss fire and possibly lights on the dash in my experience

Sent from my Galaxy S2 not a Crapple!

Is the secondary drive belt ok? Does the aircon work?

Sounds like could be thst area as the ac pas and alt are on there and iff steering n batt light came on sounds like something was seized?

The lack of power throws me tho

cheers for the replies, i thought it was strange too, deffinatly in that order though. Aircon was on at the time & i havnt changed the fuel filter in my ownership since last dec, it looks easy so i might just pop one on anyway.

deffinatly didnt put the clutch down as i was driving along in the middle lane then felt the lack of power so put my foot to the floor on loud pedal and nothing, i hit the hazards and went to move over to get onto the hard shoulder and steering then went heavy, i looked down and thats when i saw battery light on and nothing else. id have thought if it had stalled then all the lights would come on, puzzler :S

If it stalls that's what you get, just the battery light and then when the engine stops going round the oil light

Corrosion of the wire that goes from the alternator to the first fuse on the left. The resistance gets high with the lights and stuff on and starts to melt the fuse box. Only heard it making all the lights on the dash come on as happened to me

thanks all, its behaved so far so not sure. engine heat was fine at normal half way. car will be sat up for about 10 weeks now as my leg is in cast so will see if it missbehaves then :S