Coil lamp came on, now orange engine light is staying on

I have a Skoda Fabia Greenline II estate, got it in January 2012.

A few days ago the plugs light came one, and I restarted the car and it went away.

Then it happened again.

I then noticed after starting a 50 mile trip back home the engine light came on.

Checked Oil and water all fine. Restarted light still on.

Start stop not working. Power seems the same as before.

I rang up Skoda and then can look at it on wednesday, so I'll take it in, but I need to do a 200 mile round trip tomorrow,

they advised against that. Bit of a pain though.

Any ideas what this could be? The car is under warranty but still a bit worried.

It was the exhaust control system light amber one looks like an engine. I called Skoda Assist, they someone around within a few hours. After half an hour of "debugging" he said it was an exhaust sensor, and said he'd nip to Guildford and grab one and fit it for me.

Very impressed with Skoda Assist and Neil from Skoda Assist checking the blurb, looks like the service works in France as well.

Hopefully that will sort it out.

I had similar recently. A mix of Control System for Exhaust Lamp and flashing glowplug. Both intermittent and car never switched to limp mode (emergency programme) at any time. Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor replaced and all fine now. Looks like this Sensor may be a bit unreliable because there's been quite a few posts on this subject.

As I posted in another thread this is the same fault I had.

The Skoda Assist technician quickly diagnosed the faulty sensor and replaced it as he had one on the van. He said they normally carry two.

While excellent service the fact they normally carry two implies the failure of this sensor is a regular reason for a call out.

• 10 months later...

this sounds just like the problem thats just started on mine

Hope it's not like mine where mice ate through a rubber hose - still gave the same warning lights as above. Not covered by warranty in this case.

• Like 1

Hi Bazzabee

perhaps i should check this rubber hose, just to be sure - could you tell me where it is located

cheers

Not quite sure, but was told by the garage that it was on the right below the windscreen. It has the number 06-42-12 on it and is about 1/4 inch in diameter. There are a number of these hoses on the right in the engine bay that lead into and under the engine cover.

• 7 years later...