Oil sump gasket

Phone the parts desk at your local dealer. You'll be surprised how cheap they are for these in most cases. (about £14 usually). Much better getting things like gaskets from the original suppliers as in my experience, pattern gaskets never quite fit and seal properly unless your using tons of sealant too, and that can create its own problems.

i was at my local skoda dealer today getting this part, it was around £15.00 + vat but... its gasket paste not a paper gasket like that. Rare to see a sump being refitted with a paper gasket, they are almost all put on with gasket paste.

Thats kinda strange to me. Apologies for giving you bum info, All the old VWs (15 years +) that I'm used to use rubber or paper gaskets, I just assumed it was the same accross the board.

Thanks for all your answers. i know it says that it needs the silicone sealant, but I never had a good luck with them. i just like the gaskets (paper/rubber)more. The gasket that the shop sells on ebay looks exactly as the oil sump of 1.4 MPI 8v engine. So I would think that it should fit. I need to measure the oil sump anyway but it looks very identical.

• 2 weeks later...

Well thought I will give a small update. I have bought the oil sump gasket from the ebay shop. the are exactly that same as Skoda felicia 1.3. and as that it is missing 2 holes for the screws near the transmission, but if you have a hole puncher just make the holes that way. other then that it is a perfect fit. Just tighten the bolts and you do not have any problems or leaks. So there you go

I personally do not like the sealers :devil: