POI Import Using SKODA Web Application?

Hi all

I quote from page 31 of the May 2012 Columbus handbook

SD destinations

By using a web application that can be found on ŠKODA's web site, it is possible

to create destinations as visiting cards or pictures. These destinations can then

easily be imported via the SD card into the radio navigation system

» page 33,

Save destination in the destination memory

I cannot find this elusive web application, does it actually exist?

Cheers

Jonno

not sure if this thread will help?

or this ?

Please check your version for compatibility, I will not be held resposible for any errors or malfunctions.

Thanks for your reply.

The Ray Girling method requires the original Sat Nav disc which I haven't got as the software came preloaded without a disc and the other method(s) look a right old faff. The handbook appears to say that the necessary software is available on the Skoda site. I think I'll contact Skoda directly and see what they say. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Cheers

Jonno

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your reply.

The Ray Girling method requires the original Sat Nav disc which I haven't got as the software came preloaded without a disc and the other method(s) look a right old faff. The handbook appears to say that the necessary software is available on the Skoda site. I think I'll contact Skoda directly and see what they say. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Cheers

Jonno

Did you get anywhere with this by any chance? Would love to know i this is possible?

I exported a contact in VCF format after having attached a pic to it (but no GPS co-ordiantes, just an address) from my mac onto an SD card- the option to import or navigate from SD card destination showed up as did the card. However selecting it did nothing and the pic I attached to it also didn't show on the screen. So I tried adding the gps co-ordinates this morning by creating another field in the contact entry. This time when I tried to import it the unit seemed to freeze for a bit and then rebooted. However, since then my position on the map is way out- I am currently in Coventry whereas my position on the map is showing as Leek Wooton near Warwick. I have tried both a hard and a soft reset but no joy. Is this co-incidence and may be a loose connection with the GPS antenna or have i done something to the unit by my aforementioned antics?

Also posting this under its own heading as a separate post to get max exposure

Gaurav

Did you get anywhere with this by any chance? Would love to know i this is possible?

Hi Gtewary

No, I got nowhere. I rang Skoda UK and was told it won't work for us in the UK. I couldn't be bothered to argue as to why is it in the handbook then?

I agree that Tom Tom is more user friendly (and up to date) with regards to being able to update it yourself. The built in Tom Tom Carminat system in my 2010 Laguna was better in many ways as all updates to software and sat nav firmware was done via SD Card over the internet.

Jonno

Thanks Jonno. Have just seen something called Gps to Vcf. Claims to be a utility to attach GPS co-ordinances to Vcf files automatically from the address fields. Is windows only so haven't tried it as have a mac at home. Will try and if it works will let you know

• 3 weeks later...