40mm springs on 17" wheels

Pete.

Just a pic request really, as I'm getting some TT comps for my vRS and thinking on 40mm springs but unsure what 17's look like on the fabia with 40mm drop. So any pics would be great :)

Out of interest what 40mm springs are you thinking of?

The standard Fabia is 15mm higher than the vRS, some of the '-40mm' springs will only give a 25mm or so drop on the vRS.

I was looking at koni, as I couldn't see any other that we're 40mm

go straight to coilovers dude, longterm youll get em anyway, and they dont have to be too pricey

+1. . .can get jom full set up for like 200quid. .

which is better in general coz there height adjustable and have matched dampers.

and its an entire suspension set up not just springs.

The set up I have is pretty good. Knoi FSD's and Eibach pro springs. It rides well and it looks a fair bit lower than standard (-25mm). But it's like £700! So unless you can find a used set like me, you may aswell just get coilovers.

Thanks for the help guys, my initial thoughts were coilovers but how harsh are these gonna be? Is it like avoiding potholes all the time and teeth chattering etc :)

That silver vRS on the comps looks soo good! Exactly what I'm looking at doing but black on black

coilies will have full shock travel, lowering springs leave less making ride harder, bouncier, and less stable.

So in reality, they will probably be more comfy than lowering springs?

Edited by Pete.

in my opinion is a wholehearted yes. coilies at highest setting will likely be a little lower than springs with much more travel and shocks that MATCH spring rate = comfort.

Yeah, 40mm lowering springs on OE dampers would be a nightmare, made much worse with 17" wheels. The crashing you would get will be terrible. Driving slowly around town on smooth tarmac would be just about OK, but any A/B road faster driving and you wont have any damper travel or droop to handle pitching in the road.