Columbus Bluetooth > Samsung Galaxy 2

Smick

Is there anyone out there, who has successfully paired their Galaxy 2 with the Columbus navigation, AND been able to upload the phone book ? I ask because my previous Yeti (Sept 2009) had Columbus and paired faultlessly - this one (Nov 2011) cannot for some reason upload the phone book which is a real pain in the nether regions. I've tried restoring factory settings with no success.

Anyone got any magic tips to sort it ? I assume that it must be the Columbus as the phone profile hasn't changed to my knowledge.

Grateful for any ideas.

Smick

Got my GS2 paired to Columbus, along with phone book and media. I remember having a bit of bother at the start, I think the BT would find the phone but then wouldn't allow it to pair. Without patronising you make sure your phone is discoverable when seraching for it.

If you have no joy that way, try it vice versa and let the phone find the car.

There are 2 different settings, premium and handsfree (in MFD IIRC), once connected, one but I can't remember which comes up with some sort of eye, with this on I couldn't stream music.

Good luck, someone more knowledgable will be along shortly

Yes, me. Your contacts have to be on the sim or it won't work. I usually store mine on an sd card (i.e. 'the phone') so I can whip it out and shove it in the next phone. But rsap doesn't like that (presumably can't read the phone memory), so I just exported all the contacts to the sim and bob's your uncle.

HTH

I have a GSII but not the Columbus however I with my last car with BT and now my new SM with Bolero to share the phonebook you need to keep an eye on the status bar on the phone and keep the screen awake or you'll miss the notification, checking that status bar you will see a prompt to share the phonebook/log with an option to check to do this by default. Initially I just allowed shareing to get the book loaded, the next time my phone beeped I set the default to allow. I hope this helps. A mate at work with an Audi A6 had the same problem till he tried the above. This should work for ICS and GB SW versions of the SGSII.

EDIT: Contacts just need to be in the phone contact list on my phone for the above to work not only on the SIM or SD.

Edited by Hairball

Haven't had any problems with my S2 and Columbus, but I do find that if the contacts list has changed the Columbus takes some time to download it, are you waiting long enough? Contacts on both the SIM and SD card are loaded.

This is interesting - I'd much rather just have my contacts on my SD card. Can you post what soft/firmware you're running on the S2 and the Columbus? My S2 is on Gingerbread/2.3.4 and it won't copy contacts across from the SD card, just the sim. Cheers.

Edit - just occurred to me - is it a permissions thing perhaps?

Edited by Yearofthegoat

Hi All,

Have tried all the suggestions and can't get it to upload phone book, and now media player won't load either. I'm running Gingerbread 2.3.5, but I'm convinced that the problem is with the Columbus Bluetooth unit. The old Yeti's Bluetooth paired faultlessly, this one won't. have approached dealer to see if Skoda UK can offer a solution.