Octavia vRS DSG

Khurram77

Looking into buying a '12 plate one of these from a local dealer. Have opted for the petrol version despite many people recommending the diesel to me (I have had a diesel car now for the last 2 years since I sold my Leon Cupra and am looking forward to the smoothness of petrol again and think it suits DSG better).

I have a question about the engine on the newer FL models. Is it the old TFSI engine or the newer TSi engine from VAG?

I certainly wasn't. Amazing. The gear change is so fast and smooth you can hardly feel it in D. Power delivery feels like a naturally aspirated engine with hardly any lag.

Dealer would not budge on price at all (and would not offer me more for my part ex). I will hold out and see if they get back to me. I know I definitely want one (in candy white)

I certainly wasn't. Amazing. The gear change is so fast and smooth you can hardly feel it in D. Power delivery feels like a naturally aspirated engine with hardly any lag.

Dealer would not budge on price at all (and would not offer me more for my part ex). I will hold out and see if they get back to me. I know I definitely want one (in candy white)

Try another dealer, no need to stick with just the one. When I got mine the first dealer I went to offered a joke of a PX and silly number for the new Furby! Then went to another dealer who was far more sensible and did a much better PX and lower price for the Furby.

• Like 1

Agree. Will do. This car did have almost every option ticked. The only one that wasn't ticked was a sunroof. Other than that it had everything. Have not found another car with this spec.

It arrives next Tuesday. Am very excited.

Very very pushy in trying to get me to buy supagard and "asset protection" both which I did not want. Also I was happy to pay the balance and they tried to push their finance onto me which I was not happy about.

• Like 1

It arrives next Tuesday. Am very excited.

Very very pushy in trying to get me to buy supagard and "asset protection" both which I did not want. Also I was happy to pay the balance and they tried to push their finance onto me which I was not happy about.

They're pushing the things where they really make money, supaguard is ok if you can't be bothered looking after your car and even then only for about 3 or 4 months and if applied with professionalism rather than simply slapped on by some 'youf' over the swirl marked, detritus ridden bodywork. Asset protection, I'm guessing that's like GAP insurance, something that I always decline too and yes finance is one they always try and push, if they accepted cash you could walk in with the correct full amount and they'd still try and sell you finance :D

Well done on getting another £500 out of them and the best of luck with the purchase and car, I'm sure you'll be very pleased :)

Now for the real annoying bit. I paid for it by debit card on Wednesday. I initially advised a Tuesdsy collection as I could not make Monday (work and childcare) but they left the option open for me to collect on Monday.

I phoned today to enquire whether I can pick it up and they said "we are waiting for the funds to be cleared". Really?? After a debit card payment?

I'm beginning not to trust this dealership. I was going to use them for servicing but I think I won't now. Anyone know any good dealerships in the Essex area?

• 2 weeks later...