Injectors

Had a letter through the post this morning from Skoda,also had vosa on the letter,something about going to have my piezo injectors checked and replaced if needed,08 vrs pd,well i'm off for a week but should i get it booked in,i will probably only keep the car for 12 more months then change,well i've gone back to motorbikes but a car does come in handy.Anyone else had a letter.

I believe there was a recall on the 170 derv engines within a certain year group as there was a fault with the injectors.

I've just bought my mk2 octy vrs so no letter but mine is booked in Tuesday to be checked out. If replaced that's £2k's worth of injectors free of charge so win win.

I had the recall letter too, so had it done. They should replace the wiring loom too. But sadly loads of cases on here of people having major problems after they've been replaced. Things such as....rising oil levels, diesel in oil and resulting DPF issues...etc.

I had it all happen to me and most likely caused by the dealer not doing the replacement properly...to such an extent that I've now sold my car as I had no faith in the fact that they had fixed it properly.

Don't want to put you off having it done, as I'm sure there are loads of people who have had the work done and had no problems....but you should be aware of what can happen.

Wiring loom isn't automatically part of the repair work.

I have lost count of how many sets I've done, not had one come back with issues, quite a few members in fact said how much better the car is afterwards.

+1

Probably get it booked in anyhow then as its free of charge,the letter also says it takes about 3 hours in labour.The car has been fine so far in the 4 years owning it,acceleration is top notch etc,only had the esp problem which was sorted by skoda.If it does feck up after any changes to the injectors then its the dealers problem for messing up..

If it does feck up after any changes to the injectors then its the dealers problem for messing up..

If only it was that simple.

There are plenty of us on here who have had issues after the injector change.

Skoda UK are doing the same as they did when people were paying for the new injectors themselves - denying all knowledge.

It wasn't until VOSA forced Skoda to issue the recall did they acknowldge that there was an issue.

Customer: My car isn't right since you changed the injectors.

Dealer: Prove it.

There are more people who have had no issues though. As the recall is quite old now I'm sure most dealers will have changed a fair few injectors so they should have finally sussed out how to do it without ballsing it up!

Get it done, the injectors in your car are likely to be faulty and may let you down. This is an expensive recall so its worth having it done. If you're selling the car soon too then it will help you to sell it...

Edited by silver1011