Chilly!

stevenh

Arranged to get my aircon regassed tonight as it has never worked since I bought the car last April.

I didn't hold out much hope as I don't have a great track record with aircon:

When I had my Prelude, went to get it regassed, but something was broken...

when I had my Golf VR6, I went to get it regassed, but the compressor was broken...

When I had my MX5, I went to get it regassed, but the bottom aircon pipe had coroded and split...

so I was half expecting the guy to tell me he couldn't regas the Fabia due to it not holding pressure..

but it's fine and now my wee Fab is sooooo chilly. :D

I hope it's a warm one tomorrow.

Fabia air con seems to draw a lot of mixed opinions on it's performance.

My 2007 SE vRS works perfectly. My dad's 2005 vRS works perfectly.

I have 2x 2005 Ambiente Estates at work - AC works perfectly, both on around 95k. I inherited them in 2005, one was on 22k, one was on 55k.

None of these cars have been regassed (I'm the fleet manager so would know if the 2 Estates had been done)

Yet I've seen people complaining that theirs is fudged! Weird.

My cordoba with Climate is icy cold.

Turn it to "LO", recirc on and wait for the goose bumps! lol

No way would we be without A/C now. Ours is all almost all the time and it makes a huge difference even when it's colder. No fogging windows, no nasty smells and everything bone dry inside.

Phil

we have had 2 fabia estate dieseld (01+03) and the air conditioning has broken, both re-gassed then 2 weeks later they had leaked and its no longer working.

The second car we had we had re-gassed with gas "with dye" in it. so they say they could trace and locate the issue, sounded like a good idea.. till we realized that the dye stinks.

We sold that car and it would be nice to fix the remaining car, but do I risk they stinky dye? do I bother? I hear that it's the condenser that goes, as this radiator looking device is put in a silly position and can get stone-chipped and leak as a result. I read before of someone installing a mesh grill to protect it. I wonder if that worked.

Anyone?

3 fabias all with aircon that worked great, only problem I've had was with the stepper motor for the warm air flap and that's common to cars without aircon. If there is no gas in your aircon it's because it leaked out, usually through the rad and it needs replacing.

So removing the aircon saves weight, how much, about 5-10kg? What does that achieve? I'd rather go on a diet or get a smaller girlfriend!

Not saying it was cold in my car this morning...but the windscreen was misting up...on the outside :D

You forget just how much you miss things like aircon when they don't work - then you wonder how you ever lived without it!

Not saying it was cold in my car this morning...but the windscreen was misting up...on the outside :D

You forget just how much you miss things like aircon when they don't work - then you wonder how you ever lived without it!

Yes ours does this when it's a bit humid outside. Especially with the recirc button on as the air get re-cooled and gets really cold.