06 Fabia. OBD II refresh time.

Hi,

Im looking into buying a obdII device that connects to my iphone but have been reading you need to have a decent refresh time from the OBDII port.

Any ideas the refresh time of the port?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a bluetooth OBDII reader to use with the Torque app but this only works with android (Iphones don't like bluetooth do they). Only arrived last night so will try it this evening. Some mates have had good results on their Audi's so hoping for similar things with the Fabia :)

I've got the torque app on android.

The app is quite fun to have on the Fabia, it lets you look at things like intake temps, boost pressure, coolant temps.

Things like maf readings don't seem very accurate though.

The track video function is awesome, letting you overlay data on the video is almost like watching incar F1.

Also the gps route map/breadcrump trail thing is awesome. You can see how fast you drove at certain parts of your journey, simple but awesome gadget!

McTaff does the adaptor work ok with new android phones? Really like the look of this :-)

Oh yes :rock:

Paired it to my son's Nexus 7 tablet and looks the dogs danglies! Only had time to check fault codes (none thankfully) and also the basic set up (rpm, throttle %, etc) but downloded the track plug in and so will have a better play this weekend to try the plugins and also configure the data logger / display.

As far as the seimens ecu goes, if it's OBDII capable then it should work (or so I'm told)

Brilliant, thanks for that. I will be ordering one asap and should look good as have the samsung galaxy note so good sized screen to view it on :-) there are loads on ebay, would you reccomend the one you bought?

Cheers olly

Just got a elm327 bluetooth device on amazon.

Works on jailbroken iphones (not illegal to jailbreak, just voids warranty). You need Roqybt4 from cydia store and rev.

It works brilliantly. Can have up to three readings at the same time from the car with no lag.

Only part that wont work is the track mode as bluetooth and gps wont run together with roqy.

Have to say though that the most addicting part is the g-force meter.

Edited by dany2010

• 1 month later...

I know little to nothing about vcds, fault reading, logging different channels etc..... Is this app capable of doing all these things? I'm interested in running some logs since i got mapped recently.

I guess for the money, i should just get one and have a play, i guess i can't do any harm to the car? only read stuff and clear faults?