Broken 2 button Flip Key Fob

Hi,

Does anyone here know how to get the transponder chip out of the key fob.

The flip mechanism of my 2 button remote fob has broken.

I've managed to split the fob into 2 pieces and also managed to split the half with the battery in (thanks to this forum) but not the key half!

The key blank part is still in working order and works when all pushed together, its just the metal part of the flip casting thats broken.

I'm hoping to buy a used key or spare shell part to move my key and transponder into it for a minimum cost solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks

are you talking about the PCB or the transponder (immobiliser chip)? If you mean the PCB, just prize it up at the corners where the black pegs are.

vwkeydis.jpg

If you mean the immobiliser chip be careful. I tried once and broke it, cost around 65 quid to get it replaced and recoded :( You might try melting the glue with some heat or scrape away at it VERY CAREFULLY. The glass bead is VERY fragile and easily shatters. To get to the actual Immobiliser chip which is housed in the key end of the fob, you need to peel off the Skoda badge (it's made of thin tin and glued on). Under there is a small cross head screw which holds the two parts of the top half together. Good luck

Some more info before you start http://www.myturbodi...replacement.htm

Finally, if you swap the bits about, the car won't start without the immobiliser chip, even though it will lock/unlock.

To get to the actual Immobiliser chip which is housed in the key end of the fob, you need to peel off the Skoda badge (it's made of thin tin and glued on). Under there is a small cross head screw which holds the two parts of the top half together.

Yes thats what I needed to know- Thanks for the advise. I do have another fob that was my spare, I'm just trying to build this unit back up to a working condition so not too much pressure if I break things.

Cheers