Why would someone do this?

If your work turns the lights off wouldn't they be somewhat responsible for the damage? Like if they had a hole in the floor and took away the sign that said caution.

Is there no business near by that would of caught your car on camera?

If someone did intentionally undo the bolts would that be considered attempted manslaughter?

If someone did intentionally undo the bolts would that be considered attempted manslaughter?

That's exactly what i was thinking. It should be attempted murder. Imagine if it happened on the motoway with the kids in the car?

I've given up on them tbh as they wont give me any information unless I get the police involved and I don't want to go through all the hassle to find out it might have been my fault. I'm just glad I wasn't going fast and nobody was hurt. I've fixed the car now so she is back to normal and drivable.

i think someone was trying to steal your wheels, easy way to tell, were the plastic caps were off the wheel bolts? as a thief would take these off to undo the wheel bolts?

If your wheel came loose due to you not tightening it enough last, then your caps would still be on the wheel bolts and the bolts would have come out with the caps attached.

Were the caps on or off the bolts?

• Like 1

If someone loosened the bolts, they would have put the caps back on, otherwise you could spot it immediately and have confirmation of their sabotage.

Now it's only guessing if you don't have evidence

The way to be 90% sure if it's your fault is to check if the anti theft bolt came loose as well (if you have this off course)

But anti theft bolts are never unique (especially the skoda ones) and they could also come loose due to vibration

If you're really unsure and have a real suspicion, color your bolts with marker and check them regularly for scuff marks

Cheers

B

most people never look at their wheels/wheel bolts, especially when using the car all the time.

the only time i can see someone would loosen the bolts AND put the caps on if if they were trying to harm you, as thats really malicious and frankly not likely, unless you really really peeeed someone off.

I doubt thats the case...

the most obvious scenario imo are;

1) someone trying to steal wheels, they fail they scarper, when they see locking bolt/get disturbed and don't bother putting caps back on

2) you didn't tighten them properly, though you did put the caps on (as you thought you had tightened enough) the bolts worked loose.

If you're really unsure and have a real suspicion, color your bolts with marker and check them regularly for scuff marks

Unfortunatley it's all kinda after events now and does not help the OP much , but hindsight is a wonderful thing :happy:

most people never look at their wheels/wheel bolts, especially when using the car all the time.

the only time i can see someone would loosen the bolts AND put the caps on if if they were trying to harm you, as thats really malicious and frankly not likely, unless you really really peeeed someone off.

+1