How many revs at 70mph?

As above, had my clutch and flywheel replaced last week, just have a feeling my car is revving higher than it used to.

It might all be in my head like lol

Car is a 2.0 pd 140 sport diesel 6 speed

I'm getting exactly 2000rpm at 70mph in 6th gear

Was it just the clutch and flywheel replaced? Have they tooked the diff?

Phil

Was full clutch kit including DMF and cylinder, don't think the diff would have been touched.

If that sounds right then I'm happy, just I went on 1st decent long motorway run yesterday since having it fitted and it just seemed a bit higher than I thought.

Gregoir - is yours a 2.0 6 speed?

Edited by JohnSTV6

Could not do 70 mph on way home but an extrapolation from 48mph(using my GPS) at 1500rpm gives about 32 mph per thousand rpm. So roughly 2200rpm at a true 70 mph.Maybe 2000rpm at an indicated 70?

Yup 2l diesel, 6 speeder 140ps.

Edited by gregoir

My 170cr VRS does about 1500-2000 at 70mph but one thing you shouldn't be looking at the dash board at that speed ;) lol

Kind of difficult to know how fast you are going or how much fuel you have left then!?

• Like 1

Managed to get on the motorway at the weekend. My 140ps 6 speeder revs higher than reported above. About 2200rpm at a true 70mph ( Garmin GPS satnav) . 2000rpm is well short of a genuine 70mph. Difficult to avoid parallax erors when reading the dials though.

Managed to get on the motorway at the weekend. My 140ps 6 speeder revs higher than reported above. About 2200rpm at a true 70mph ( Garmin GPS satnav) . 2000rpm is well short of a genuine 70mph. Difficult to avoid parallax erors when reading the dials though.

Interesting; could be that the gearbox spec for later models is different. Skoda did this for the Fabia vRS certainly, where originally it was specced with a lower 6th gear ratio which meant earlier examples were running about 200rpm lower at an indicated 70. They might have done something similar with the Octy which hasn't been spotted or noticed to date.

• 1 year later...