Headlamp adjustment for Europe

Pretty sure the Fabia II does have the levers.

He's right you know :-)

I'm in Germany at the moment and flicked the levers on my scout before getting on the ferry at Hull :-)

• 2 years later...

I think there's a solution without getting your hands dirty. According to the owners manual:

Activating tourist light

Before activating the tourist light, the following conditions must be met.

Ignition switched off, light switched off (light switch in the position O), control dial for the headlamp beam adjustment in the position -, no gear engaged or selector lever in the position N (automatic gearbox), tourist light deactivated.

› Switch on the ignition.

within 10 seconds of the ignition being switched on:

› Turn the light switch to position (full on)

› Engage reverse gear (manual gearbox) or move the selector lever into the posi-

tion R (automatic gearbox);

› Turn the control dial for headlamp beam adjustment from the position - to the

position 3

I haven't tried this myself but will do so tomorrow out of curiosity.

Yes I have just got a new Fabia 1.2 automatic and those are the instructions the sales guy briefed me on as I left the forecourt, a really useful feature as I cross the channel quite often.

• 1 year later...

This is 2 years old mate? Haha

Still worth knowing though. I hoped it would work on my 2013 SE Estate but the handbook says its for cars with cornering headlights. I haven't got the levers like my pre-facelift Roomster had either so it seems I'll have to use beam blenders instead. But there are no marks on the headlight glass to indicate where to put them like older cars had.

Still valid though. I hoped it would work on my 2013 SE Estate but it seems like it's only cars with cornering headlights. No levers like my oils Roomster either so it's back to stickers. But where to put them without the engravings on the glass like old cars had.

odd.... my 2013 vRS has the levers to change the lights, its in the manual too with the instructions.... (not that I bother every time I go to the nurburgring, but there ya go ;) )

doesn't the vRS have the single headlights? The SE has separate dip and main beam lights.

my current vRS has different lights to my last vRS! people always complain the lights are poor, but mine are good.... a projector, that just runs full beam, and electronically moves up and down depending on whether you have dipped headlights or full beam activated..... and a blue bulb that does nothing...... and the projector is on a different side of the headlight cluster to other fabias!

(hope I'm not confusing anyone ;) )

my current vRS has different lights to my last vRS! people always complain the lights tare poor, but mine are good.... a projector, that just runs full beam, and electronically moves up and down depending on whether you have dipped headlights or full beam activated..... and a blue bulb that does nothing...... and the projector is on a different side of the headlight cluster to other fabias! (hope I'm not confusing anyone ;) )

Not always The VRS is available with or without the black pack lights

I hadn't realised that but I guessed sharkrider had the single ones because he has the levers like my Roomster had. But what I'd really like to know is where I put the stickers on mine with the separate main and dip beams, with no engraving on the glass to show me.

Edited by Calomax
  • Like 1

my current vRS has different lights to my last vRS! people always complain the lights are poor, but mine are good.... a projector, that just runs full beam, and electronically moves up and down depending on whether you have dipped headlights or full beam activated..... and a blue bulb that does nothing...... and the projector is on a different side of the headlight cluster to other fabias!

(hope I'm not confusing anyone ;) )

nope. not confusing at all. 

The black pack lights have a projector on the outside and a fake black reflector on the inside and a blue sidelight bulb that does nothing

the facelift silver pack lights have a projector on the outside, and a reflector high beam on the inside along with sidelight bulbs. 

the pre facelift projectors have the projector on the inside (using a  solenoid for high and low being like the black pack) and the sidelights on the outside.

then theres the base model lights on both pre and post facelift, which use h4 reflectors. 

whats to be confused about? :D

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

I hadn't realised that but I guessed sharkrider had the single ones because he has the levers like my Roomster had. But what I'd really like to know is where I put the stickers on mine with the separate main and dip beams, with no engraving on the glass to show me.

I haven't put beam deflectors on my Fabia, but I used to use them a lot on my Golf which also had clear headlights with no markings on. When you buy a pack of beam deflectors it comes with a large fitting instruction sheet with a comprehensive list of car models and the location to place them for each one. There is a picture of each type of headlight and it shows where to place the sticker in relation to the bulb as you face it head on. As long as you get it in the rough area that they are showing it will do the job. Its not as complicated as I might have made it sound!

I haven't put beam deflectors on my Fabia, but I used to use them a lot on my Golf which also had clear headlights with no markings on. When you buy a pack of beam deflectors it comes with a large fitting instruction sheet with a comprehensive list of car models and the location to place them for each one. There is a picture of each type of headlight and it shows where to place the sticker in relation to the bulb as you face it head on. As long as you get it in the rough area that they are showing it will do the job. Its not as complicated as I might have made it sound!

Thank you. That sounds straightforward

nope. not confusing at all. 

The black pack lights have a projector on the outside and a fake black reflector on the inside and a blue sidelight bulb that does nothing

the facelift silver pack lights have a projector on the outside, and a reflector high beam on the inside along with sidelight bulbs. 

the pre facelift projectors have the projector on the inside (using a  solenoid for high and low being like the black pack) and the sidelights on the outside.

then theres the base model lights on both pre and post facelift, which use h4 reflectors. 

whats to be confused about? :D

I keep reading about people saying that the blue sidelight bulb doesn't do anything on the black pack lights. This is strange, because mine work fine on my Monte. As you would expect they are on when you put the sidelight setting on and they stay on when the main headlight is on as well. More confusion! 

I keep reading about people saying that the blue sidelight bulb doesn't do anything on the black pack lights. This is strange, because mine work fine on my Monte. As you would expect they are on when you put the sidelight setting on and they stay on when the main headlight is on as well. More confusion!

Interesting (:

Do you have fog lights? The sidelights are usually the DRL's but not as bright i think?

Have you owned the car since new?

Interesting (:

Do you have fog lights? The sidelights are usually the DRL's but not as bright i think?

Have you owned the car since new?

Yeah I've got fog lights and the DRLs are housed in the same unit right next to them. Sidelight bulbs only come on when you use the headlight switch at which point the DRLs go off. 

Yep I've had the car from new, so no-one has tinkered with them or anything.

Yeah I've got fog lights and the DRLs are housed in the same unit right next to them. Sidelight bulbs only come on when you use the headlight switch at which point the DRLs go off.

Yep I've had the car from new, so no-one has tinkered with them or anything.

Not heard of that before!

Theres people who have wired their dummy bulbs, so maybe youre lucky? Haha (:

Not heard of that before!

Theres people who have wired their dummy bulbs, so maybe youre lucky? Haha (:

Yeah, guess I'm lucky to have working ones. My car is only a year old, so maybe they started wiring up the newer lights where they didn't bother on ones that were a bit older.

• Like 1

Homesqueeze, you have a Monte right? Everything is working exactly right. You have standard DRLs which are, from factory a filament bulb. The only Fabia with the 'dummy' bulbs is the vRS, they have LED DRL/sidelight setup where by the unit dims for sidelights.

Fabiamk2SE I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Homesqueeze, you have a Monte right? Everything is working exactly right. You have standard DRLs which are, from factory a filament bulb. The only Fabia with the 'dummy' bulbs is the vRS, they have LED DRL/sidelight setup where by the unit dims for sidelights.

Ah! Of course.

I was thinking of the VRS.

Well done sir! Haha

• Like 1

Ah right, thanks for that. Didn't realize it was just the vRS. I just remember reading about these dummy bulbs and thinking it's strange because mine work. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

So sorry to dig out such an old threat. I have a Fabia Estate reg plate 2019 and was wondering if anyone could re-upload the picture as I can't see it and would like to know if I can do it as I often travel to Europe and the stickers are ****e at best. Thank you!