Custom Map tommorow @ Badger 5

Well il post results over next few days

At mo I have a 2009 Octy vRS 2.0Tsi (ccza engine)

Car has 3" Turbo back with 200 cell race cat

Pipercross stage 2 intake pipe

Pipercross carbon Cai.

Well guys long day had to.leave the car with.bill as work beckoned..

Made 208.6 with standard map

Best run 221.8 (with+38ibft)with map but having a lot of trouble with car hitting torque limiter about 5k then boost/torque just dropping off

As always Bill trying to sort out as he wasn't happy and frustrated with what was going on .

When I left we had been on the car for almost 5hrs and numerous map changes and dyno.plots.

Hopefully some better news in the morning..

What sort of figures are u guys with Revo getting any Dyno.plots available for upload asap to view..???

Mines running the Me17 ecu out of interest

Thanks Pete.

• Like 1

Would be very interested to see the results

(my experience differs somewhat from Clives)

Your issue was that engine ??? Im stripping that samé engine to see why it drinks oil !!!! And the manni that was on there is the worst Ive seen !!!!

What was bills involement ?? Pm me

Best run 221.8 (with+38ibft)with map but having a lot of trouble with car hitting torque limiter about 5k then boost/torque just dropping off

As always Bill trying to sort out as he wasn't happy and frustrated with what was going on .

When I left we had been on the car for almost 5hrs and numerous map changes and dyno.plots.

What sort of figures are u guys with Revo getting any Dyno.plots available for upload asap to view..???

Thanks Pete.

Am I reading this right? You gained 13bhp on a stage 1 on a tsi? Something very wrong somewhere. Stage 1 on the tsi you should be looking at 240-250bhp with no other mods. Revo would have you believe their stage 1 is 275bhp but they talk a lot of s***** but the map is good.

I left him playing jonno so not sure if he managed anymore been a very strange morning

I was expecting 260ish as its pretty much stage 2 bar the intercooler upgrade.

No.matter what changes made it kept dropping at 5k

Do u.no what ecu yours is running

Your issue was that engine ??? Im stripping that samé engine to see why it drinks oil !!!! And the manni that was on there is the worst Ive seen !!!!

Hi Clive,

Just to clarify - NO it wasnt the 2.0Tsi (ccza engine).

PM sent

I left him playing jonno so not sure if he managed anymore been a very strange morning

I was expecting 260ish as its pretty much stage 2 bar the intercooler upgrade.

No.matter what changes made it kept dropping at 5k

Do u.no what ecu yours is running

I hope all goes well for you but IMO take it to Shark.

Ditto Jonno's comments - a stage 1 map should be 240 - 250bhp peak.

Not sure I understand the "torque limiter" comment? The shark stage 1 map gets you to about 420Nm / 300ish Lb ft. Not sure of the revo figures but they'll be very similar.

Would be very interested to see the results

(my experience differs somewhat from Clives)

posted for public consumption... seeing as you see fit to post utter rubbish against my name.

mark,

what issue are you blaming me for???

I have NEVER built any engine for an octavia... 1.8t are the only engines I have touched build wise or BT wise

The ONLY octavia I have had the misfortune to own was a JBS built car of EddyH.. Black, estate, VRs look a like...

That car was a pos.. engine was junk..

My work was to replace its shyte laggy turbo, on the shyte jbs everything else, with something which spooled in the same month I asked it to boost... GT2871 is what I fitted.

Whatever you believe was down to me I can TELL YOU FOR FACT is nothing to do with me, and I suggest you keep your mis informed BS to yourself and off public forums where you are posting liablous lies/incorrect information.

• Like 1

Thanks Pete.

To clarify what is occuring.,. as ther'e's clearly a lot of Bs/nonsense/stirring by folks here.

Me17.x ecu

I have a product called ECM Titanium (amongst other like winols etc) which is supposed to be the dogs danglies re newer cars.. With the benefit of heinsight and having bought it at great expence, its not a good tuning tool at all..

This was the first me17 ecu I have tried with this mapping software, and its not working well at all... very dissapointing.. Map packs presented are not good.. and thats reflected in the power the cars producing.. (aka low and at an unacceptable to everyone)

The map packs presented by the ecm are useless... and wont allow the engine to be tuned well enough.

Revo2, will be what I use in this instance... whilst I look around for more info on me17 ecu so I can use winols like I do for all me7.x ecu's to great effect.

Hope this clarifies..

ECM sux for Me17..

Bill

• Like 3

None what so ever Clive..

the only octy I have ever owned (not built!) is eddyh jbs built pos thing.. and yea that was a pos in every respect... inc engine

I changed its laggy as feck turbo to a smaller one as I could not live with no boost before 5krpm and a rev limiter at 7200rpm.. pointless power band and actual 312bhp vs the claimed 460bhp it was sold with.

worst car I have EVER had the misrey of owning..

I got rid, I did not build anything on it.. engine was rattly, high CF and very high oil consumption from the day I stupidly bought it

To get some FACTs out there. Regardless of what shyte you have heard.

• Like 1

all i'm gonna say is leave badger5 to brake hoses and discs/pads.

and who the feck are you with your misinformed opinion..

you guys are laughable

haters without any substance for why....

pray tell.. I would luv to know what your own experience has been.. given I hardly ever work with skodas....

please tell I am all fecking ears

• Like 2

posted for public consumption... seeing as you see fit to post utter rubbish against my name.

PM replied to Bill.

You have my permission to post the FULL reply in an open forum but I will leave that decision to you.

And in what way am I posting utter rubbish against your name? I think you will agree I havent said anything about you so please do enlighten me as to what ive said that is utter rubbish?

Edited To Add: I also havent said you built an engine for any Octavia.

Please remember everyone that this is Bill who crammed a 1.8T in his Mrs's Lupo, so Bill does know his Onions (IMHO) sounds like he has been unlucky in this particular case and his choice of tuning platform has let him down on the ME17.x ecu this time.

I'm sure that he will bounce back and the customer will get the result that he is looking for.

Paul

None what so ever Clive..

the only octy I have ever owned (not built!) is eddyh jbs built pos thing.. and yea that was a pos in every respect... inc engine

I changed its laggy as feck turbo to a smaller one as I could not live with no boost before 5krpm and a rev limiter at 7200rpm.. pointless power band and actual 312bhp vs the claimed 460bhp it was sold with.

worst car I have EVER had the misrey of owning..

I got rid, I did not build anything on it.. engine was rattly, high CF and very high oil consumption from the day I stupidly bought it

To get some FACTs out there. Regardless of what shyte you have heard.

If thats a reference to Me Bill I have said nothing to anyone including Clive.

However I agree with you 100% that it was also the worst car I had the misery of owning as our previous conversations support.

Please remember everyone that this is Bill who crammed a 1.8T in his Mrs's Lupo, so Bill does know his Onions (IMHO) sounds like he has been unlucky in this particular case and his choice of tuning platform has let him down on the ME17.x ecu this time.

I'm sure that he will bounce back and the customer will get the result that he is looking for.

Paul

In the interest of balance. Sometimes things go worng (not that i'm implying that in any way). As he has posted above he has an issue at the moment and credit where its due hes said honestly what the issue is and hes trying to resolve it.

I have also said there are a services and products that Bill has a deserved positive reputation for.

Ok guys further to the actual topic

After speaking with Bill this morning we have decided to go Revo Stage 2

Bill put a lot of time and numerous Dyno run into trying to sort the software through the ECM Titanium kit sadly much to his frustration he was unable to unlock much due to the serious lack of map packs offered for Me17 cars.

Will update info soon as....

PM replied to Bill.

You have my permission to post the FULL reply in an open forum but I will leave that decision to you.

And in what way am I posting utter rubbish against your name? I think you will agree I havent said anything about you so please do enlighten me as to what ive said that is utter rubbish?

Edited To Add: I also havent said you built an engine for any Octavia.

pm replied... take notice I suggest, read and understand..

you seem to believe I did work on this car which caused its issues.. Simply not the case.. I too made a huge mystake buying the bloody thing with its on paper awesome spec, to then find what an actual pos it was.

The only things I did to this car was replace the uber laggy gt30 something turbo which did'nt spool until 5krpm with 7200rpm limiter, replace the snapped 2 of 4 turbo to manifold bolts to facilitate replacing the turbo, I replaced the gearbox which crunched in 3rd when I 1st had it but which went on to break, getting stuck in 3rd gear.. box still sits in a corner, broken as it came out. So to recap, I replaced the gbox for another used one, and the turbo down to a 2871 so it would spool sooner... and then got rid of it.

Whatever you believe else was wrong about it, is nothing at all to do with me nor anything I did with the stupid car..

poor quality build from day one, and for that you need look elsewhere to blame.. Not me..