Heated seat relay

Dave89

Hello folks,

Hoping someone technical can help here. My drivers heated seat became stuck 'on' a low heat. The switch had no effect in temperature change so I assumed it must be faulty and effectively stuck on 1 (settings 1-5).

I've just fitted a new switch expecting everything to be A.OK! Sadly this is not so, I've the exact same problem again. I searched Briskoda originally and have just searched again and the only other faulty part must surely be the relay? The thing is, if the relay was stuck open, then surely the thermostat switch would have some control over the heat setting? Or am I wrong.... Just trying to identify if the relay is likely to be the culprit or not!

• Switch ruled out (brand new part)
  • Seat pad ruled out (as seat gets warm)
  • wiring to the seat ruled out (as seat gets warm)

I see a few people have had problems but since it's only on the elegance models, it's obviously not common unlike a general fabia problem!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any help

• 1 month later...

I don't suppose anyone else has any takes on this? Both the seat heater and backrest heater are working. I would have thought there be a problem pre-element depending? With a new switch it seems strange that the circuit be stuck 'on'. How easy is it to change the relays and are they readily available?

Thanks....

(It's really winding me up. It's either stuck on a low heat (nice in winter) but on other times it's so hot you're practically on fire whilst driving - all with the new switch in the 0 position)

I had a different problem recently with my heated seats and was looking to track down the relay. I was informed on here that the heated seat circuit does not have a relay in it. Instead there is a small 12v control unit under the drivers seat.

Have you checked that? It does sound as though there is a constant voltage being supplied to the element regardless of the switch. Have you changed any electrics recently?

Thanks for the reply folks.

Softscoop - Hadn't thought of that, good idea.... Although would have thought any current would be killed when the ignition was off? I'll try it!

Highway6- Interesting, only assumed there was a relay from posts I'd read. Is this control unit visible under the seat or is it tucked away behind layers of material? I guess my best shot is to remove the seat. I haven't altered any electrics, that's what I find strange...

Highway6- Interesting, only assumed there was a relay from posts I'd read. Is this control unit visible under the seat or is it tucked away behind layers of material? I guess my best shot is to remove the seat. I haven't altered any electrics, that's what I find strange...

As did I. Ended up hunting about after taking all the drivers side dash off with no success. The little control unit should be sited under the drivers seat, easier to get to if you take the seat out & trace the wires back from the connector.

• Like 1