1.2 HTP Down on power?

mcrem

Recently I've started noticing that whenever I put my foot down, nothing really happens. It happened once when I was carrying 4 other people in the car. That Time I chalked it up to the fact that the car could have been overloaded, however It also happened a couple of times when I'm alone. Whenever I put my foot down, the car revs up quickly on 1st and 2nd gear, but it doesn't really move. Now I'm not one to nanny my car, I like pushing it hard and chucking it in corners, most of the time, when I put my foot down the car responds beautifully and I get pushed back in my seat when this happens. However some times, as I said the car revs but it doesn't really pull through. The car is 1.5 years old now and has 12500KM on the clock. I'm really hoping this is not a case of clutch slipping, but then again, why would it be so tempermental?

Anyone have a clue where I should be looking at? I don't wan't to go to the dealer and get the runabout if you know what I mean..

I'm afraid it's a clutch slipping issue. Probably it's just starting to appear. To try your clutch there is a way but many people dislikes it. Get your car idling and then put 2nd gear and keep pressing down clutch pedal. Then step on your brakes. Then try to lift your foot up from clutch pedal very very carefully and slowly. If your engine won't be seized then your clutch is surely dead. But as I wrote before this is a stressful situation for your car and many people dislikes it.

Recently I've started noticing that whenever I put my foot down, nothing really happens

What do you mean you've only just noticed the 1.2htp is down on power? Doubt much ever happens when you put your foot down haha!

Just kidding mate, :-) sounds like clutch slip to me.

to be honest the 1.2 is not THAT powerless as you make it out to be.. Anywho, I just gave both things a try, the 5th gear thing works fine, it just pulled normally, and the 2nd gear/brake method, well I tried it, at around 1/4 of having the pedal pressed, the car started to vibrate, once I let go completely the engine stalled, the revs went down and didnt stay at 900 as it does idle.If it really is the clutch slipping, It's just started to.

One thing I've noticed for sure is that on 1st gear, it reaches 3k rpm normally, as soon as it goes over 3k, the engine looses power and the revcounter shoots up to 5k without playing with the accelerator pedal. I hope i can SOMEHOW get this fixed on warranty. I've only been driving it for a year and a half albeit the clutch does get a beating in the driving conditions I end up in..

My only input would be to say that the 1.2 is what it is, a little 3 pot with enough performance to make it a very nice little car to drive. I have taken 4 adults and all our luggage on a 300 miles round trip without any noticeable drop in performance. However if you want a car to chuck around and throw you back in your seat perhaps the Fabia 1.2 is the wrong choice :rofl: . I love my little Fabia and would suggest you visit your local Skoda peeps to have yours checked out but don't fall out with it they are a great little car. Good luck.