Whats the price for a first service for a Diesel VRS?

Hi all, i've got a 1 year old Manual Diesel VRS, i have recently noticed the service warning in the info display, its done about 19,000 miles (must be variable servicing?). I live in Germany and have recently got a quote from a local skoda stealer which was huge (much more expensive over here!) I'm back in the UK next week and think i'd be better off getting it done there, anyone know what its likely to cost - so i can compare.

Regards

Richie

I paid £130 for my 1st variable service at 18.5k. This was at a main dealer.

Check out Skoda's National Pricing here:

www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/owners/national-pricing

£129 for a fixed service (10,000 miles/12 months).

Some dealers will claim that the variable service is more comprehensive and try to charge you more. It isn't.

The diesel Octavia's use the same (more expensive longlife) oil regardless of which service interval they are on due to the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter).

As JRW above I paid £129 for my latest variable service at a Skoda main dealer.

Check out Skoda's National Pricing here:

www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/owners/national-pricing

£129 for a fixed service (10,000 miles/12 months).

Some dealers will claim that the variable service is more comprehensive and try to charge you more. It isn't.

The diesel Octavia's use the same (more expensive longlife) oil regardless of which service interval they are on due to the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter).

As JRW above I paid £129 for my latest variable service at a Skoda main dealer.

I guess I'll be paying my local dealership and ask wtf!

£249 is the correct price for a variable service so don't go too heavy on them.

Take a look here, it has what is covered under the minor (fixed) service and the major (variable) service.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/owners/national-pricing/pages/servicing.aspx

The major service gets more checks (wheels, brakes, suspension etc.) but these are visual checks only.

The only extra part the major service gets is a £10 air filter.

£120 is a lot to pay for a few extra checks (that I reckon are covered on a fixed service) and a filter in my opinion.

£249 is the correct price for a variable service so don't go too heavy on them.

Take a look here, it has what is covered under the minor (fixed) service and the major (variable) service.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/owners/national-pricing/pages/servicing.aspx

The major service gets more checks (wheels, brakes, suspension etc.) but these are visual checks only.

The only extra part the major service gets is a £10 air filter

£120 is a lot to pay for a few extra checks (that I reckon are covered on a fixed service) and a filter in my opinion.

Cheers for the info silver, sort of makes you wonder about value for money

Edited by carabus901