Fabia VRS remap please help!

Hi All,

Could someone please help.

I am in Plymouth and really want a remap on my Fabia VRS SE.

Could anyone recommend a local company to do this for me?

I have looked at GHT tuning and Angel tuning but can't find any reviews.

Any help would be much appreciated.

my previous car was a fiat grande punto sporting (1.9 deisel) which i bought new...

I had it remapped by angel tuning at 4,000 miles, and happily ran it to 110,000 miles with no issues (although it was ready for a new turbo then, but 100k for a turbo is ok)

the map didn't make the biggest fugures (165bhp) but was very drivable, it was over 150bhp for nearly all the rev range! :o

I can recommend them :) was just a simple generic map though.

Go for the £45 jobby, just remember get what you pay for.

T2eC16NHJGIE9nnWpUFtBQTO6nf860_12.jpg

This is the problem - you don't always get what you pay for. I know company that charge more than £500 and sub-contract their mapping.

You have to do your research and know what you want from the map.

I am of an opinion formed over more than 10 years having diesel cars tuned that at:

• stage 2+ there are very few uk companies that can remap effectively for new hardware such as hybrid turbo - especially if you car is outside the set engines that re-mappers have experience of - this is vag 1.9, 2.0 tdi and 2.0t fsi and 1.8t petrol
  • stage 1 do you have vag 1.9, 2.0 tdi and 2.0t fsi and 1.8t petrol engine - if so you could choose apr, revo, jabbasport or a company with a good longstanding reputation. Other than these choose a digital tuning box - especially if you don't have vag 1.9, 2.0 tdi.

I think the forum should avoid recommending 1 company especially if you have experience remapping your 1.9 tdi and someone is asking for advice about remapping their 2.0 tdi. In addition, this could be seen as advertising - especially if someone asked specifically about companies in Plymouth and Briskoda members recommended a company a long way from there.

Rather than immediately asking for 'the best mapper in xxxx location' a member should be encouraged to search this and various forums.

For example, Angel Tuning have lots of forum feedback posts

Remember, this is my point of view!

J

• Like 1

Go for the £45 jobby, just remember get what you pay for.

T2eC16NHJGIE9nnWpUFtBQTO6nf860_12.jpg

If you go to Body Shop you don't get a body.

If you go to the Apple shop you don't get an apple.

If you go to Shark you don't get sharks.

Try and nip in the O2 shop and ask for some oxygen...

ETC ETC

I run Blacksmoke and have watched this thread from the start but I never tout for business so I just remained in the sidelines.

I actually don't do the maps myself, my skills are ok but the maps are created by a true genius (in my opinion), he does not like the public hassle so remains in the background and I sort that. Most maps have been created on HIS rolling road then de-tuned to the point at which they can be sold as a generic map.

We all know that the VRS can be mapped beyond 180bhp just fine but I only supply maps for 165bhp because I dont want a reputation of creating turbo blowing performance for a quick £.

This side of my life is taken from me being passionate about the VAG TDI cars (I've driven them for the last 400,000 miles plus). After seeing a "professional" remove an ECU with a crowbar after they bricked the car I knew I could do more.

My diy side of the business started to remove some of the smoke and mirrors from the remapping scene.

I never knock any company who carrys out a full inspection before a remap, gets it on the rollers and gives a full inspection after, for this you pay for the the building overheads and the skill and knowledge of the remap professional.

My reviews speak for themselves, even doing a search on briskoda shows a couple.

Is there any chance of letting us know why you've spent your time photoshopping your photo up? What benefit to the OP does it bring?

If you've used any of my actual maps I'd be interested to know why you say you get what you pay for since others completely disagree but I'm not sure if your just perpetuating the smoke and mirrors of remapping.

Regards

Andrew

• Like 1

Seriously £45 for a remap when others charge £££'s.... There must be a reason??

I know one thing, with my nice Jaba remap the arse end of my car never looks like this.....

http://www.briskoda....s-build-thread/

I wouldn't comment on a company I have no experience of.

I have experience of Jabba and enjoy their remap as you do.

From what I know £50 is what a sub-contracted remapping company charges.

J

Instead of trying to pick fault, please spend 10 minutes googling reviews for blacksmoke maps.

I'll give you a hint; you won't find any negative reviews.

£45 instead of £200+ you've paid does point out that there is a reason and it because It's DIY. That's not to mistaken for your link where this person has created a map from scratch (hats off to him).

Aslong as your happy your map meets your requirement, that's all that matters. DIY is not the right choice and around 20% of people who contact me are directed to the mainstream companies because it would suit there needs better.

Im not slating anyone but apologies if it sounds that i am, but i just think the price on remaps represent what you get just as it would when you take it to the body shop, you pay less and get a ****e job.

In the link i posted he does say that he had a Black smoke Remap, which he is happy about, but it also look like he has a major smoke problem... over fueling??

Im not slating anyone but apologies if it sounds that i am, but i just think the price on remaps represent what you get just as it would when you take it to the body shop, you pay less and get a ****e job.

In the link i posted he does say that he had a Black smoke Remap, which he is happy about, but it also look like he has a major smoke problem... over fueling??

maybe it's just road grime

Here is a more balanced view:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/237939-blacksmokecouk-remap/

As for why the yellow fabia us covered in soot, it could be a number of reasons including boost pipe leaks, his own made map which he moved onto etc etc.

Most remapping companies have atleast £60K worth of their own cars in their carpark. Even At my prices, after tax, website hosting etc I still make a small profit. Then again I drive a £3k vw bora tdi.

Edited by aham_uk

I love it when someone posts up "Go here, end of" and then the person goes there and spends £500 on a "custom" remap thats actually not. But because it cost £500 it most be worth it/better.

If you go stage 1 they are all the same... as above if you then go for different things, hybrid etc the real tuners tune, the fake ones fukc up.

I know of two cars that have gone to a very well known forum sponsor on here and both are shagged. But you guys love them :D

Its really funny.

Sorry.

• Like 1

The two cars you are referring to, is them being "shagged" directly attributable to the tuner? I've read horror stories of particular tuning companies- some more than others; but I often wonder if the people that own & drive these cars treat their vehicles appropriately. By this I mean warm them up, cool them down, service them at proper intervals and so on.

In addition to this, is it absolutely clear that there were no underlying issues with these cars prior to tuning that could not be identified?

There are undoubtedly iffy companies out there, bit there are also plenty of people who have no idea how to treat their cars, plus faulty components are not unheard of.

Seriously £45 for a remap when others charge £££'s.... There must be a reason??

I know one thing, with my nice Jaba remap the arse end of my car never looks like this.....

http://www.briskoda....s-build-thread/

the reason they charge so much (relatively speaking) is that they can, because people see it as a dark art - once the map is written how much skill is there in uploading software, possibly with a dyno run and a scan for fault codes on either side? it's totally not the same as body/paint work

We can offer the Awesome remapping on the 1.9TDi engines which at the moment only costs £150.00 inc VAT and you will see around 170-175bhp and 280-290lb/ft :D Nice and easy proven mapping that works! :D

Also for the guys with the Mk2 vRS 1.4TSi engines we can offer the APR Remapping which costs £478.80 inc VAT RRP (But there is an offer coming soon, tonight or tomorrow) that will lower the cost down to £359.10 inc VAT and if you have cruise control you can take advantage of :

• Program Switching Enables you to swap between two or more engine programs using the cruise control stalk. All cars have stock and standard chipped program versions available. Valet, race-gas, and other specialty programs are available for most models.
  • Fault Code Erase/Throttle Body Alignment (FCE/TBA) Fault Code Erase allows you to erase and reset engine related trouble codes without having to use a specialty tool. Throttle Body Alignment allows you to manually perform throttle-body adaptation.
  • Security Lockout Prevents unauthorized personnel from accessing EMCS functions. The user may select any 2 to 4 digit security code. The security code is entered using the cruise control buttons.
  • Anti-Theft You can render your car immobile to thieves, even if there is an attempt to start the car with your own key! For more information about Anti-Theft

Even if you don't have cruise we can add that for an extra cost :D

Awesome Mike

• Like 1

The two cars you are referring to, is them being "shagged" directly attributable to the tuner? I've read horror stories of particular tuning companies- some more than others; but I often wonder if the people that own & drive these cars treat their vehicles appropriately. By this I mean warm them up, cool them down, service them at proper intervals and so on.

In addition to this, is it absolutely clear that there were no underlying issues with these cars prior to tuning that could not be identified?

There are undoubtedly iffy companies out there, bit there are also plenty of people who have no idea how to treat their cars, plus faulty components are not unheard of.

I know what your saying I agree. But on these occasions nope. LOL

• Like 1