bouncy coilovers

Hi all,,

Quick question guys, I bought some weitec hicon TX coil overs they have been fitted over a month or so now. I find that the suspension on the back is bouncy and not stiff even with the adjustment turned all the way to hard. it seems to bouncy the same amount as when I turn them way down to soft. I dont want rock hard suspension on the back but it feels like the car is doing endo's when going over bumps on motorways. Is this an issue with the coil overs or is it going to be bush related. I have to chop the bump stops off due to the top of the housing just riding on them.

Hi,

They are low well -50mm but compared to some peoples drop the car still looks kind of standard. I will raise them tomorrow and see if that helps. Cheers for that. Would there be any reason as to why they are just bouncy on motorways but hard and sporty on like a/b roads doing same speeds.

Hi,

They are low well -50mm but compared to some peoples drop the car still looks kind of standard. I will raise them tomorrow and see if that helps. Cheers for that. Would there be any reason as to why they are just bouncy on motorways but hard and sporty on like a/b roads doing same speeds.

Not really, Typically Weitecs like HIcon GT's and TX's do not like to be wound down too low as they start getting bouncy and crashy. Think it is due to the inner shock not being able to deal with the rebound sufficently. I had this with mine, They do settle after a few months but i still had to raise mine to get better ride out of them. That is why I moved onto KW's as a totally better suspension for what i needed.