Lambda or no Lambda. That is the question?

DBP

Is there a way to space the rear probe out ? I'm hearing that term

Alot but never understood it . I also get a rear lamda eml code every 100 or so miles after fitting a decat/downpipe. I just erase it everytime it pops up

Ok, so I have been keeping an eye on it all and I keep getting 2 error codes

P0141

16525/P0141/000321 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2; Heating Circuit: Malfunction

Possible Symptoms

• Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) faulty

Possible Causes

• Wiring/Connectors from/to Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heating faulty
  • Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heating Circuit faulty

Possible Solutions

• Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heating
  • Check Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heating Circuit

P0138 - can't find anything on ross tech for this one but this error came up when I sorted out a mates MAF. With that thought on my mind I unplugged the MAF and it seemed to run a little better. So to me it seems like the MAF has had it?

If this is the case where is the best place to buy them? My friend went to VW and they charged him £175! for a mk4 golf GTi. I couldn't believe it when he told me. Seriously, they cant be that much, can they?

You have 2 lamba probes the front one monitors the emmisions out the exhaust and the second probe monitors the output from the cat and because your running a decat the second probe is picking up that the cat is not there,

Saying that they are fault codes for heating element and not signal fault codes which i would expect, you could try a spacer to space the second probe out the exhaust flow and that might cure the problem, other than that when you have car remapped you can have second probe mapped out,

I have mine mapped out so it is still in exhaust but it doesn't actually do anything altho am running a sports cat and not a decat now

You have 2 lamba probes the front one monitors the emmisions out the exhaust and the second probe monitors the output from the cat and because your running a decat the second probe is picking up that the cat is not there,

Saying that they are fault codes for heating element and not signal fault codes which i would expect, you could try a spacer to space the second probe out the exhaust flow and that might cure the problem, other than that when you have car remapped you can have second probe mapped out,

I have mine mapped out so it is still in exhaust but it doesn't actually do anything altho am running a sports cat and not a decat now

I have had the Decat for months and this has only just popped up now. Thats what I would do, just leave it in there and map out the error.

What do you think on the MAF issue?

The car has been running a little lumpy and fuel efficiency is down a fair bit. Can randomly drop half quarter of a tank.